An excellent Hospitalist opportunity exists with the WESTMED Medical Group - a large, progressive, and financially thriving physician-owned, multi-specialty practice. Within commuting distance from NYC, CT, and NJ, we offer an excellent, competitive compensation and benefits package.
We are actively seeking BC/BE experienced Hospitalist to join our existing team at The White Plains Hospital.
Our Hospitalists dedicate much of their time to the safe transitioning of care for our hospitalized patients, and closely collaborate with all providers caring for such patients, to ensure the highest quality of care to both our patients and their families. Ideal candidates should possess strong skills in inpatient evidence-based medicine, medical teaching, interpersonal communication and resource management.
Physician will be responsible for providing complete, comprehensive clinical care for all patients. Physician provides clinical care services including, but not limited to, diagnosis, treatment, and coordination of care, preventative and health care maintenance to patients. Physician works collaboratively with all providers as a multi-disciplinary team to provide comprehensive, compassionate health care to all patients.
Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities:
- Obtain medical, social and developmental history of patient.
- Perform physical exams and immunizations on all patients.
- Diagnose and develop treatment plans with the patient. Management of all acute and chronic illnesses.
- Provide health education and counseling and establish preventive health practices.
- Prescribes and administers medications or delegates immunization duties to the clinical support staff as allowed by federal, state and professional guidelines.
- Initiate laboratory, radiology, and pathology exams and specialty consults as necessary.
- Review and follow up on incoming reports in a timely manner.
- Exercise judgment in establishing priorities of medical care and consult with and refer to appropriate specialist in regards to high risk or complex patients.
- Implement clinical policies with department manager, Clinical Director, Department Chair, Medical Director, and other providers to continuously provide comprehensive state of the art medical care.
- Responsible for supervision of assigned or other advance practice providers (physician assistants and nurse practitioners) at the clinical site as applicable.
- Assist with training, orientation and clinical support for new providers, advance practice providers, and clinical support staff.
- Fosters a professional, collaborative work environment with all team members and colleagues.
- Maintain current New York or Connecticut Licensure and all licenses necessary to provide care in the medical practice.
- Management of services in accordance with established organization policies and procedures and other medical programs and guidelines.
- Participation in Quality Improvement (CQI) program and clinical projects for practice improvement when requested.
- Provide case management with other health care team members.
- Medical Degree
- Active Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy (M.D. or D.O.) license in the state of New York or Connecticut as required
- Board Certification
- Active DEA license
- BLS and ACLS certification
- Ability to work collaboratively within a clinical team
- Demonstrated professional competence and integrity and ethical conduct of practice
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, and effective conflict resolution skills
- Patient focused and committed to providing outstanding and compassionate care and service to all patients
- Demonstrated commitment to WMG mission, vision and values
- Strong computer skills and EMR knowledge
Westmed Medical Group is a large, award-winning multi-specialty medical practice, with headquarters in Purchase, NY. It is staffed by a team of over 500 Physicians and Advanced Practice Providers who are dedicated to providing coordinated, efficient and the highest quality of patient care at its 13 locations in Westchester County, NY and Fairfield County, CT. The practice, known for its one-stop-shopping medical experience for patients, uses state-of-the-art systems and has a national reputation for measured healthcare excellence. Westmed offers 60+ medical specialties and currently has over 1,000 employees. Our mission is to be your trusted partner in comprehensive, lifelong care. The foundation for service excellence at Westmed Medical Group starts with the patient experience and focusing on the complete total care of our patients. Westmed is recognized by the National Committee for Quality Assurance as a Level 3 Medical Home, the highest achievable level. Westmed has been one of 480 Medicare Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs) nationwide since 2012, and was ranked a Fortune® 2017 Best Workplaces in Healthcare and in New York State.
Please specify Job Title of interest and send CV with Cover Letter to:
Director Physician Recruitment
Mount Sinai Health System