Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Accountable for the overall management of payroll operations for Mount Sinai Queens. This individual ensures
adherence to payroll processing deadlines, implements payroll processes and procedures to improve productivity and ensures compliance with all federal, state and local payroll laws and organizational policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. 1. Provides oversight and support for weekly and bi-weekly payroll and related processes such as payroll journal entries.
2. 2. Reviews payroll activities to ensure all payroll activities are performed according to the organization’s policies; implements appropriate checks, balances and audit trails as needed.
3. 3. Ensures the accurate interface and/or integration of Payroll, Human Resources and Finance databases.
4. 4. Ensures effective cross-departmental internal working relationships with Information and Technology, Human Resources and Finance. Maintains a positive working relationship and ensures timely resolution of issues.
5. 5. Ensures timely and accurate filing of all payroll taxes, garnishments, union reporting and other processes to comply with federal, state and local tax laws and union contracts.
6. 6. Reviews practices, procedures and policies of the department and revises as needed to improve efficiency and/or workflow.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field. Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) preferred – American Payroll Association
5 years payroll processing experience including 3 years in a payroll management role
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.