Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Performs various chemical, analytical, and bacteriological tests to obtain data used in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases.
1. 1. Demonstrates the ability to perform clinical/technical/ service/
2. 2. Performs technical procedures in blood bank chemistry /hematology including but not limited to coagulation and urinalysis as outlined in the policy and procedure manual(s).
3. 3. Performs periodic/scheduled and as needed maintenance on instrumentation/equipment. Maintains documentation including remedial action for problems encountered.
4. 4. Performs quality control and calibration procedures when indicated; verifies in laboratory information system; records on QC logs.
5. 5. Ensures that all required Quality Control and/ or calibration procedures are completed by signing out the records appropriately- per shift/daily/monthly etc., a) All QC are logged in the LIS and indicated on the Charts when needed)Signs all QC Logs.
6. 6. Maintains all records as per the regulatory requirements: card files, patient requisitions, LIS Documentation, statistical data.
7. 7. Consults with the Supervisor or the Pathologist, if needed, on all important results, conflicting or out of range
(recognized patterns specified in policy) results. Notes inadequate volume and/ or abnormal appearance of sample
8. 8. Reviews all Critical Test results by repeat analysis if necessary, and communicates the same to Nursing Staff/ Physician every time. Supervisor/Pathologist is always notified in extreme cases. Enters the details of the Critical Value
1. Clinical Laboratory Technologist
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.