Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Nursing Administrator is a registered professional nurse with progressive administrative experience who supports Clinical Nurse Managers and Clinical Directors of clinical unit groups/specialty areas to fulfill responsibilities for overall management of hospital and patient care services on assigned shifts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assists clinical nurses to solve patient care problems and to develop patient management and leadership skills.
2. Oversees patient care delivery, throughput, staffing and processes to ensure efficient and effective operations during assigned shift.
3. Supports, implements, and interprets the philosophy, objectives, policies and standards for nursing care of patients and families.
4. Investigates patient complaints and applies appropriate interventions as necessary. Refers follow-up solutions to clinical nurse manager or other appropriate person.
5. Assists nursing personnel to establish and implement safety standards and to monitor environment for hazard. Assists nursing staff with needle-stick injury follow-up as per Blood and Body Fluids Exposure policy (Infection Control policy).
6. Evaluates nursing staff performance and mentors, coaches, counsels and disciplines staff as needed.
7. Responds to various hospital emergencies and escalates to appropriate leadership, including acting as incident commander during evening/night shifts and weekends/ holidays.
Bachelor of Science with a major in nursing required; Masters in nursing or health care related field preferred.
Licensed as a registered nurse with current registration in New York State
3-5 years minimum clinical nursing experience with some Charge Nurse/supervisory experience. Must have relevant clinical competence in area of nursing practice assigned
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.