The Mount Sinai Health System is currently seeking an Ophthalmologist to join a thriving practice in West Palm Beach, Florida! This established high-end, white glove practice is located in one of the most desirable locations in the US. The practice serves as the primary care linkage between the Palm Beach community and Mount Sinai. The chosen candidate will have the opportunity to partner with the world renowned, Icahn School of Medicine. Competitive benefits and salary offered.
Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities:
- Diagnose and treat wide range of eye diseases and conditions
- Performing necessary surgical procedures, including examinations both before and after surgery, as well as instructing patient on self-care to improve recovery
- Provide health education and counseling and establish preventive health practices
- Initiate laboratory, radiology, and pathology exams and specialty consults as necessary
- Exercise judgment in establishing priorities of medical care and consult with and refer to appropriate specialist in regards to high risk or complex patients
- Responsible for supervision of assigned or other advance practice providers (physician assistants and nurse practitioners) at the clinical site as applicable
- Fosters a professional, collaborative work environment with all team members and colleagues
- Participation in Quality Improvement (CQI) program and clinical projects for practice improvement when requested.
- Provide case management with other health care team members.
- Medical Degree from an Accredited University
- Ability to obtain a Florida Medical License
- Board Certification or Board Eligible in Ophthalmology
- Active DEA license and BLS and ACLS certification
- Demonstrated professional competence and integrity and ethical conduct of practice
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, bedside manner and organizational skills
- Patient focused and committed to providing outstanding and compassionate care and service to all patients
- A strong work ethic and desire to participate in team-oriented, performance-driven Health System
- Strong computer skills and EMR knowledge
About Mount Sinai:
The Mount Sinai Health System is an integrated health system committed to providing distinguished care, conducting transformative research, and advancing biomedical education. Structured around seven hospital campuses and a single medical school, the Health System has an extensive ambulatory network and a range of inpatient and outpatient services—from community-based facilities to tertiary and quaternary care.
The System includes approximately 7,100 primary and specialty care physicians; 12 joint-venture ambulatory surgery centers; more than 140 ambulatory practices throughout the five boroughs of New York City, Westchester, Long Island, and Florida; and 31 affiliated community health centers. Physicians are affiliated with the renowned Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, which is ranked among the highest in the nation in National Institutes of Health funding per investigator. The Mount Sinai Hospital is in the “Honor Roll” of best hospitals in America, ranked No. 15 nationally in the 2016-2017 “Best Hospitals” issue of U.S. News & World Report. The Mount Sinai Hospital is also ranked as one of the nation’s top 20 hospitals in Geriatrics, Gastroenterology/GI Surgery, Cardiology/Heart Surgery, Diabetes/Endocrinology, Nephrology, Neurology/Neurosurgery, and Ear, Nose & Throat, and is in the top 50 in four other specialties. New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai is ranked No. 10 nationally for Ophthalmology, while Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai St. Luke's, and Mount Sinai West are ranked regionally. Mount Sinai’s Kravis Children’s Hospital is ranked in seven out of ten pediatric specialties by U.S. News & World Report in "Best Children's Hospitals."
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.
Please specify Job Title of interest and send CV with Cover Letter to:
Director Physician Recruitment
Mount Sinai Health System