Mount Sinai Health Partners seeks a Primary Care Clinician for is employer based health center Unite Here Health in Atlantic City, NJ!
Mount Sinai is one of the largest health systems in the U.S. with a strong reputation for quality of care (18th ranked academic medical center) and research/education (18th ranked medical school). We have ~40,000 employees working together each year to provide billions of dollars in high-quality care for millions of patients.
We are accelerating a transition to a business model focused on population health and customer value. To help achieve these goals, we have launched a new line of business of next generation health centers. With these health centers, Mount Sinai builds a primary care practice at or near employer’s with a financial model that enables the clinical team to focus on providing patient-centered care vs. billing revenue.
Through a partnership with Unite Here Health, Mount Sinai works to improve patient outcomes and satisfaction by leveraging a team-based care and operational model that promotes access and education. Through our work, we have been able to reduce emergency room visits, maintain same- or next-day access for patients and score consistently high on patient satisfaction surveys. Continuing to deliver great outcomes and experience requires ongoing innovation.
We are looking for a physician who:
• Has a “do whatever it takes” attitude
• Thrives in fast-paced work environments
• Seeks to improve the status quo
• Energized to join and build a team dedicated to changing healthcare delivery
Mount Sinai seeks a Primary Care Physician to provide primary and preventive care at an employer based health center located in Atlantic City, New Jersey.
We are looking for an outstanding primary care clinician (internal medicine or family medicine) to treat adults in an outpatient setting, who has or can obtain a New Jersey State License. Candidates with experience working in innovative clinical models are encouraged to apply.
• Currently 10 providers in this high-functioning outpatient setting
• EMR – Athena
• Call: One week every 8 weeks (Phone call only)
• Weekends: One Saturday ( 7:30am to 1pm) every 8 weekends
• Benefit from the educational, research, and clinical programs of a nationally ranked Medical School
• 2nd language a plus, but not required
• Additional support staff
Delivers primary care
• Delivers primary care within the practice, through both traditional face-to-face visits as well as non-visit based interactions (e.g. phone and digital messaging).
• Assists patients to understand diagnostic tests, costs, risks, treatment options, preparing for medical appointments, and their health benefits.
• Initiates referrals to specialty services and ensures bi-directional communication with specialist to promote continuity of care.
• Works collaboratively with other staff to promote team-based care.
• Supports clinical operation and improvement activities
• Actively engages in practice innovation and improvement initiatives.
• Engages in the review of data and clinical workflows of the practice and ensures systems and programs are in place to provide exceptional, safe, and compliant care.
• Conducts clinical case review and participates in educational sessions to stay current and improve one’s practice of medicine.
Education and Experience
• Medical Degree from an Accredited University
• New Jersey Medical License
• Board Eligible or Board Certified in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine
Additional Skills and Qualities
• You are technologically savvy with interest in adopting new digital tools for providing clinical care.
• You operate from a perspective of truly caring about our employees, clients, and customers and creating an exceptional experience for each person every time.
• You find joy and purpose in serving others and striving for improvement.
• You have a willingness to problem-solve and do what it takes to get the job done.
• You have the desire to be an integral part of a rapidly growing team dedicated to changing health care delivery.
About the Mount Sinai Health System:
The Mount Sinai Health System is New York City's largest integrated delivery system, encompassing eight hospitals, a leading medical school, and a vast network of ambulatory practices throughout the greater New York region. Mount Sinai's vision is to produce the safest care, the highest quality, the highest satisfaction, the best access and the best value of any health system in the nation. The Health System includes approximately 7,480 primary and specialty care physicians; 11 joint-venture ambulatory surgery centers; more than 410 ambulatory practices throughout the five boroughs of New York City, Westchester, Long Island, and Florida; and 31 affiliated community health centers. The Icahn School of Medicine is one of three medical schools that have earned distinction by multiple indicators: ranked in the top 20 by U.S. News & World Report's "Best Medical Schools", aligned with a U.S. News & World Report's "Honor Roll" Hospital, No. 12 in the nation for National Institutes of Health funding, and among the top 10 most innovative research institutions as ranked by the journal Nature in its Nature Innovation Index. This reflects a special level of excellence in education, clinical practice, and research. The Mount Sinai Hospital is ranked No. 14 on U.S. News & World Report's "Honor Roll" of top U.S. hospitals; it is one of the nation's top 20 hospitals in Cardiology/Heart Surgery, Diabetes/Endocrinology, Gastroenterology/GI Surgery, Geriatrics, Gynecology, Nephrology, Neurology/Neurosurgery, and Orthopedics in the 2019-2020 "Best Hospitals" issue. Mount Sinai's Kravis Children's Hospital also is ranked nationally in five out of ten pediatric specialties by U.S. News & World Report. The New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai is ranked 12th nationally for Ophthalmology and the South Nassau Communities Hospital is ranked 35th nationally for Urology. Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai St. Luke's, Mount Sinai West, and Mount Sinai South Nassau are ranked regionally.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate, exclude, or treat people differently on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
Please specify Job Title of interest and send CV with Cover Letter to:
Executive Director Physician Recruitment
Mount Sinai Health System