The Mount Sinai Health System is currently seeking a full-time Gastroenterologist to join Mount Sinai Doctors Brooklyn Heights! The large multi-specialty practice is located at 300 Cadman Plaza West, Brooklyn, NY 11201 serving a diverse community. The practice is in the heart of Brooklyn Heights, which is a short walk to DUMBO, downtown Brooklyn, Cobble Hill, and Carrol Gardens offering an endless array of restaurants, nightlife, and shopping. Brooklyn waterfront provides parks, ball fields, and playgrounds with possibly the greatest view in NYC. Additionally, there are premier school districts, public and private within walking distance of practice, as well as numerous cultural activities such as the Brooklyn Academy of Music and Mark Morris Dance Studio. Mount Sinai Doctors Brooklyn Heights offers comprehensive care where patients can see various specialties including cardiology, gastroenterology, pulmonary, endocrinology, pediatrics, Ob/Gyn, dermatology, urology, renal, all at the same site. Services offered include on site lab, radiology plus comprehensive Breast Cancer Screening (FNA), ultrasound, X-ray, CT scan, cardiac testing, and full PFT lab. The site has a comprehensive support team, including MAs and LPNs.
The chosen candidates will have the opportunity to partner with world renowned, Icahn School of Medicine. Mount Sinai’s Department of Medicine is strongly committed to caring for the whole patient and places special emphasis on providing patient-centered care. The division embraces the mission of Icahn School of Medicine by pursuing an integrate approach to patient care, research, and education. We pursue all dimensions of these three components, considering them inseparable elements of the art and science of medicine.
Full-time Gastroenterologist for Brooklyn Heights
Serve a diverse population and live in a highly desirable neighborhood with excellent school districts and numerous cultural activities
Provide medical care in high-functioning outpatient setting
University affiliated; community based practice
Collaborate with multi-specialty practice colleagues as an integral part of a world-class health system
Benefit from the educational, research, and clinical programs of a nationally ranked Medical School
Significant opportunities for leadership and career development
• 1-3 years Gastroenterology clinical experience in an outpatient setting
• Demonstrates competency in diagnosis, and treatment to assure high standards of patient care and safety are maintained
• Patient-centered approach toward a positive customer experience
• Ability to treat adult and pediatric patient medical conditions
• Excellent communication skills
• Interest in Population Health Management
Medical Degree from an Accredited University
New York Medical License
Board Eligible or Board Certified in Gastroenterology
Committed to Mount Sinai and the communities we serve
Excellent communication, bedside manner, and organizational skills
A strong work ethic and desire to participate in a team-oriented, performance-driven Health System
• Detailed understanding of the intestines and gastrointestinal tract
• Review patient’s history and perform physical examinations. Evaluates diagnoses and provides appropriate treatment and patient care
• Performs a wide range of non-invasive Gastroenterology procedures
• Examines and treats disorders and diseases of the nutritional problems
and malabsorption, Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) a host of other disease conditions colon and bowel cancers, including pancreatitis and pancreatic cancers
• Recommends suitable management for the patient, including but not
limited to, preventive health recommendations and habits
• Prescribes medications and formulate ongoing treatment and disease management plans
• Provides relationship-centered care, taking into account the patient’s psychosocial and physical needs
• Collects, records, and maintains patient information, such as medical histories, reports, and examination results. Complete and ensures
accuracy of patient medical records
• Communicates effectively with the clinical team to ensure total delivery of quality care
• Participates in medical staff educational programs and meetings
About Mount Sinai:
The Mount Sinai Health System is New York City’s largest integrated delivery system encompassing seven hospital campuses, a leading medical school, and a vast network of ambulatory practices throughout the greater New York region. Mount Sinai’s vision is to produce the safest care, the highest quality, the highest satisfaction, the best access and the best value of any health system in the nation.
The System includes approximately 7,100 primary and specialty care physicians; 10 joint-venture ambulatory surgery centers; more than 140 ambulatory practices throughout the five boroughs of New York City, Westchester, Long Island, and Florida; and 31 affiliated community health centers. Physicians are affiliated with the renowned Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, which is ranked among the highest in the nation in National Institutes of Health funding per investigator. The Mount Sinai Hospital is ranked as one of the nation’s top 20 hospitals in Cardiology/Heart Surgery, Diabetes/Endocrinology, Gastroenterology/GI Surgery, Geriatrics, Nephrology, and Neurology/Neurosurgery, and is in the top 50 in four other specialties in the 2017-2018 “Best Hospitals” issue of U.S. News & World Report. Mount Sinai’s Kravis Children’s Hospital also is ranked in seven out of ten pediatric specialties by U.S. News & World Report. The New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai is ranked 12th nationally for Ophthalmology, while Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai St. Luke’s and Mount Sinai West are ranked regionally.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.
Please specify Job Title of interest and send CV with Cover Letter to:
Director Physician Recruitment
Mount Sinai Health System