Mount Sinai Services is seeking a full-time psychologist to serve as Clinical Director of two units at NYC Health+ Hospitals/Queens: the adult outpatient psychiatry department (AOPD); and the partial hospital program (PHP). A psychologist in this position has the potential for significant professional growth, as an important member of a management team committed to providing high quality services to a very diverse patient population that is largely immigrant, multiply stressed, and underserved.
The Clinical Director will be expected to provide leadership, training, consultation and supervision to AOPD and PHP clinical staff in culturally competent, evidence-based practices; short-term, outcome-oriented treatments; the recovery model and use of peers; patient screening, evaluation, and referrals; and relevant research findings.
The Clinical Director will oversee the day-to-day and administrative operations of the AOPD and PHP, including such tasks as developing and updating policies and procedures; preparing operating reports; completing performance evaluations; making assignments; and requisitioning supplies and equipment. The Clinical Director will be responsible for promoting staff development and arranging in-service trainings. In addition to informal monitoring of service quality on both units, the Clinical Director will perform quality assurance, incident and utilization review, and CQI functions.
The Clinical Director will ensure compliance with NYC H+H, Mount Sinai Services, and hospital requirements, ethical and patient rights guidelines, and the standards of applicable regulatory bodies, including OMH, OMIG, Justice Center, and Joint Commission.
The Clinical Director may: assist in the design and implementation of specialty tracks and programs; prepare grant applications; represent the Behavioral Health Division in meetings and planning sessions; provide direct therapeutic services, including seeing individual patients, leading groups, and performing psychological testing; participate in special Behavioral Health initiatives; participate in enhancing the psychology externship program; help develop psychology internship and post-doctoral programs; and supervise and mentor psychology trainees.
Requirements for this position include:
1. A doctoral degree from an APA-accredited clinical, school, health, or counseling psychology program; completion of an APA-accredited internship; and post-doctoral experience on a multi-disciplinary team in a large healthcare organization working with at-risk, typically under-served populations.
2. Experience as an administrator/manager/program director in a highly regulated setting that provides culturally competent, outcome-oriented interventions that are based in research.
3. Experience supervising inter-disciplinary professional, clerical, and support staff, and promoting staff development.
4. Proficiency in evidence-based psychology practices; sophisticated therapeutic and evaluation skills; familiarity with a range of complex psychopathology; comfort working with persons with serious mental illnesses and/or compound stressors; sensitivity to multicultural issues; and the capacity to juggle multiple, sometimes competing responsibilities.
5. Strong interpersonal and communication skills to facilitate good working relationships with colleagues, supervisees, support staff, interdisciplinary professionals, patients, patients’ families, and external agencies.
6. Ideal candidate would be experienced with Joint Commission, OMIG, OMH, and similar regulations.
7. Current license and registration as a New York State Psychologist.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.