Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Manager of Operative Services directs the clinical and administrative functions supporting all operative services of the Medical Center to ensure that high quality, effective, patient care and surgical assistance are provided.
NYEE has ~20 ORs focusing on Ophthalmology, ENT, Plastics, and Gender Assignment.
- Operative services are provided in the Operating Room, and Post Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU).
- Along with the Assistant Director, directs the development of short term and long term goals and objectives for the department.
- Implements policies and procedures and standards for all operative services and monitors for compliance.
- Participates in the development of an effective leadership team of professional staff.
- Participates in the development of the operating budget and ensures compliance with hospital budgetary guidelines.
- Provides leadership coverage, along with the Assistant Director for both Union Square and Chelsea campus.
- The Manager is cognizant of the philosophy, standards, objectives and policies of the Department and the Hospital Center.
- Establishes and maintains "esprit de corps" through effective communication of departmental goals and objectives, quality standards, performance expectations, and desired leadership behaviors.
- Assists, along with the Assistant Director, in the development of the operating and capital budgets for the department to ensure that they meet medical center fiscal objectives.
- Maintains effective communication with senior management, medical staff, patients, and contacts at other health care facilities to determine these needs.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care, based on physical, psychosocial, educational, safety, and related criteria, appropriate to the age of the patients served in assigned area.
- Participates in the department’s performance improvement activities.
- Assists in the selection, training, performance management, and development of professional staff.
- Participates with medial staff and team members to plan and implement clearly defined patient care objectives, services, policies, and procedures.
- Makes changes as necessary to ensure the effective delivery of quality care within all regulatory frameworks.
- Participates in the development of other staff members.
- Meets regulatory, licensure and annual health assessment requirements.
- Identifies learning strengths and needs. Utilizes learning resources.
- Demonstrates a professional, courteous, and respectful attitude in dealing with patients, families and significant others.
- Displays courtesy, tact and patience during interactions with all members of the hospital staff and extended community.
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN) required; Advanced Degree in health care related area including Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Health Care Administration or Nursing preferred.
- NYS Nursing License required.
- Certificate in Operating Room Nurses (AORN/CNOR) and BLS also required.
Strength Through Diversity