Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Onsite Health Nurse Practitioner in Family Health needed to provide
primary care and clinical oversight to an onsite employer health center. The Nurse Practitioner will collaborate on the design of a new way of delivering care and wellness programs at the workplace. Delivers primary care within
the practice through both traditional face-to-face visits as well as non-visit
based interactions (phone, digital messaging, video chat, etc.). Assists patients in understanding diagnostic tests, costs, risks, treatment options, and test results. Initiates referrals to specialty services.
- New York State License with current registration as a Registered Professional Nurse.
- Certified by the New York State Department of Education as a Nurse Practitioner.
- Graduate of New York State Nurse Practitioner program or equivalent or is certified as a Nurse Practitioner by a national association via examination. Must have completed a pharmacy component of not less than the required semester hours or the equivalent and has been instructed in New York State and federal laws relating to prescriptions and record keeping (3 hour course).
- Must have at least 3 years of clinical experience as a Nurse Practitioner in ambulatory care, treating adults in a primary care setting, occupational health, family practice, or emergency department setting.
- Have demonstrated problem-solving and workflow management skills. Have strong computer skills, experience with electronic health records, as well as presentation, spreadsheet, and word processing software.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.