Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- Performs a variety of technical procedures that result in the creation of microscopic slides preparation
- Prepare Frozen Sections for Preoperative Diagnosis within an appropriated turn-around time of the specimen being received.
- Correctly matches surgical working draft, requisition and slides for distribution to pathologists.
- Prepares moderate to high complexity surgical pathology specimens for processing.
- Able to interpret physician instruction written on test requisition.
- Able to perform routine embedding in variety of tissues, cut routine and frozen sections.
- Prepare special stain for cytological and histological specimens.
- Demonstrates problem solving ability and maintains clear communication with peers and superiors. Must have good organizational, flexible multitasking attitude and computer skills. Able to work in a small multi-tasking lab with few technologists and able to interact with doctors, patients and nurses.
- NY State Clinical Technician or Technologist or NY State Histology Technician or Histology Technologist, HT (ASCP) certification.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Histology techniques as well as grossing surgical pathology experience.
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.