The Mount Sinai Health System is seeking a Comprehensive Ophthalmologist for its brand new ambulatory pavilion in Astoria, Queens!
Phenomenal opportunity to serve as a Comprehensive Ophthalmologist for Mount Sinai’s brand new $180 million ambulatory pavilion in Astoria, Queens, one of the most dynamic neighborhoods in New York City. The gleaming, six-story facility features the full range of primary and specialty services under one roof, with 50 physicians already onboard, including: Cardiology, Urology, Gastroenterology, Endocrine, Pediatrics, GYN, and Oncology, as well as a range of advanced imaging and procedural capabilities. The Queens Ambulatory Pavilion serves as the flagship outpatient facility for Mount Sinai in Queens, and is attached to the Mount Sinai Queens Hospital, allowing physicians and patients immediate access to acute care, the emergency room, and surgical suites. Astoria is one of the most desirable neighborhoods in New York City, with diverse cultural offerings, world class restaurants, cafes, excellent public transportation, and nearby parks and public spaces.
The ideal candidates will play an instrumental role in ensuring excellent patient care, quality outcomes, and satisfaction. In addition, we would like our talented physician candidates to have a passion for outpatient medicine and be fully committed to mission of Mount Sinai Health System. The chosen candidates will have the opportunity to partner with world renowned, Icahn School of Medicine. Mount Sinai’s Department of Medicine is strongly committed to caring for the whole patient and places special emphasis on providing patient-centered care. The division embraces the mission of Icahn School of Medicine by pursuing an integrated approach to patient care, research, and education. We pursue all dimensions of these three components, considering them inseparable elements of the art and science of medicine.
Bringing together skilled physicians and the expertise of one of the world’s leading academic medical centers, the Queens Ambulatory Pavilion combines high level training and advanced resources with a personalized range of care under one roof, from primary care and women’s health services (OB/GYN) to cardiology, endocrinology and more.
The position offers an opportunity to build an Ophthalmology practice with a diverse patient population in a large, busy multi-specialty practice. The practice is dedicated to the highest quality care and to promoting continued education in its staff while playing an integral role in Mount Sinai’s efforts to continue to grow its outpatient hub in Astoria. There are no research requirements and minimal administrative responsibilities, but physicians have the opportunity to be involved in PI and QA initiatives. Competitive salary and benefits offered.
Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities:
• Diagnose and treat wide range of eye diseases and conditions
• Performing necessary surgical procedures, including examinations both before and after surgery, as well as instructing patient on self-care to improve recovery
• Provide health education and counseling and establish preventive health practices
• Initiate laboratory, radiology, and pathology exams and specialty consults as necessary
• Exercise judgment in establishing priorities of medical care and consult with and refer to appropriate specialist in regards to high risk or complex patients
• Responsible for supervision of optometrists from time to time
• Fosters a professional, collaborative work environment with all team members and colleagues
• Participation in Quality Improvement (CQI) program and clinical projects for practice improvement when requested.
• Provide case management with other health care team members.
• Medical Degree from an Accredited University
• Ability to obtain a New York license
• Board Certification or Board Eligible in Ophthalmology
• Fellowship training in Cornea, Anterior Segment or Glaucoma a plus
• Active DEA license and BLS and ACLS certification
• Demonstrated professional competence and integrity and ethical conduct of practice
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, bedside manner and organizational skills
• Patient focused and committed to providing outstanding and compassionate care and service to all patients
• A strong work ethic and desire to participate in team-oriented, performance-driven Health System
• Strong computer skills and EMR knowledge
About the Mount Sinai Health System:
The Mount Sinai Health System is New York City's largest integrated delivery system, encompassing eight hospitals, a leading medical school, and a vast network of ambulatory practices throughout the greater New York region. Mount Sinai's vision is to produce the safest care, the highest quality, the highest satisfaction, the best access and the best value of any health system in the nation. The Health System includes approximately 7,480 primary and specialty care physicians; 11 joint-venture ambulatory surgery centers; more than 410 ambulatory practices throughout the five boroughs of New York City, Westchester, Long Island, and Florida; and 31 affiliated community health centers. The Icahn School of Medicine is one of three medical schools that have earned distinction by multiple indicators: ranked in the top 20 by U.S. News & World Report's "Best Medical Schools", aligned with a U.S. News & World Report's "Honor Roll" Hospital, No. 12 in the nation for National Institutes of Health funding, and among the top 10 most innovative research institutions as ranked by the journal Nature in its Nature Innovation Index. This reflects a special level of excellence in education, clinical practice, and research. The Mount Sinai Hospital is ranked No. 14 on U.S. News & World Report's "Honor Roll" of top U.S. hospitals; it is one of the nation's top 20 hospitals in Cardiology/Heart Surgery, Diabetes/Endocrinology, Gastroenterology/GI Surgery, Geriatrics, Gynecology, Nephrology, Neurology/Neurosurgery, and Orthopedics in the 2019-2020 "Best Hospitals" issue. Mount Sinai's Kravis Children's Hospital also is ranked nationally in five out of ten pediatric specialties by U.S. News & World Report. The New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai is ranked 12th nationally for Ophthalmology and the South Nassau Communities Hospital is ranked 35th nationally for Urology. Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai St. Luke's, Mount Sinai West, and Mount Sinai South Nassau are ranked regionally.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.
Please specify Job Title of interest and send CV with Cover Letter to:
Executive Director Physician Recruitment
Mount Sinai Health System