The Mount Sinai Health System is currently seeking full-time Rheumatology Medical Director to join Mount Sinai Union Square!
The Department of Medicine at Mount Sinai Beth Israel is searching for a full-time rheumatology Medical Director to join its multispecialty practice at Mount Sinai-Union Square, a newly-renovated outpatient center that is an integral part of the Mount Sinai Health System, a trusted health care provider of New Yorkers for generations. As educators, researchers, and medical practitioners, our faculty are dedicated to the profession and to the patients. Mount Sinai-Union Square is a hub for primary and specialty care, diagnostic services, lab, and pharmacy all in one convenient location in a vibrant community and easily accessible by public transportation.
The Medical Director provide direct patient care and will oversee 2-3 full-time Rheumatologists. The Medical Director will work closely with the Chair, Executive Director, and Ambulatory Medical Director of the Department to ensure high quality care, optimal patient satisfaction, and improved revenue.
• Full-time Rheumatology Medical Director for downtown Manhattan in multispecialty outpatient setting
• Largely outpatient with occasional inpatient consultations
• Serve a diverse population while living in a highly desirable neighborhood with numerous cultural activities
• Call schedule: Shared equally with other Rheumatologists (primarily phone call only)
• EMR system: EPIC
• Opportunities for teaching medical residents and administrative responsibilities
• Competitive salary and benefits offered including productivity bonuses, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, malpractice coverage (FOJP Occurrence), and CME stipends
• Medical Degree from an Accredited University
• New York Medical License
• Board Certified in Rheumatology
• Committed to Mount Sinai and the communities we serve
• Excellent communication, bedside manner, and organizational skills
• A strong work ethic and desire to participate in a team-oriented, performance-driven Health System
About the Mount Sinai Health System:
The Mount Sinai Health System is New York City's largest integrated delivery system, encompassing eight hospitals, a leading medical school, and a vast network of ambulatory practices throughout the greater New York region. Mount Sinai's vision is to produce the safest care, the highest quality, the highest satisfaction, the best access and the best value of any health system in the nation. The Health System includes approximately 7,480 primary and specialty care physicians; 11 joint-venture ambulatory surgery centers; more than 410 ambulatory practices throughout the five boroughs of New York City, Westchester, Long Island, and Florida; and 31 affiliated community health centers. The Icahn School of Medicine is one of three medical schools that have earned distinction by multiple indicators: ranked in the top 20 by U.S. News & World Report's "Best Medical Schools", aligned with a U.S. News & World Report's "Honor Roll" Hospital, No. 12 in the nation for National Institutes of Health funding, and among the top 10 most innovative research institutions as ranked by the journal Nature in its Nature Innovation Index. This reflects a special level of excellence in education, clinical practice, and research. The Mount Sinai Hospital is ranked No. 14 on U.S. News & World Report's "Honor Roll" of top U.S. hospitals; it is one of the nation's top 20 hospitals in Cardiology/Heart Surgery, Diabetes/Endocrinology, Gastroenterology/GI Surgery, Geriatrics, Gynecology, Nephrology, Neurology/Neurosurgery, and Orthopedics in the 2019-2020 "Best Hospitals" issue. Mount Sinai's Kravis Children's Hospital also is ranked nationally in five out of ten pediatric specialties by U.S. News & World Report. The New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai is ranked 12th nationally for Ophthalmology and the South Nassau Communities Hospital is ranked 35th nationally for Urology. Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai St. Luke's, Mount Sinai West, and Mount Sinai South Nassau are ranked regionally.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.
Please specify Job Title of interest and send CV with Cover Letter to:
Executive Director Physician Recruitment
Mount Sinai Health System