Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Job Title: Physician Assistant
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Deliver primary care within the practice, through both traditional face-to-face visits as well as non-visit based interactions (e.g. phone, digital messaging, and video chat).
- Assists patients in understanding diagnostic tests, costs, risks, treatment options, preparing for medical appointments, and their health benefits.
- Licensed in the state of New York with current registration as a Physician Assistant.
- Graduate from a PA educational program accredited by the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant or its predecessor agencies, the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CCAAHEP) and the Committee on Allied Health Education and Accreditation (CAHEA).
- Passed the national certification examination administered by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA).
- Must have at least 3 years of experience treating adults in a Primary Care setting.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and work flow management skills.
- Strong computer skills and work with electronic health records, presentation, spreadsheet, and word processing software.
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate, exclude, or treat people differently on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
The Mount Sinai Health System
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
The Mount Sinai Health System’s commitment to excellence extends beyond delivering world-class health care. The System’s ongoing success is dependent upon our highly motivated, nonclinical professionals working to improve business operations. Our leadership team is driven to provide exceptional service by cultivating a workforce that is dedicated to upholding Mount Sinai’s mission of delivering innovative, breakthrough medicine with compassion and integrity.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!