- Job requires level of knowledge acquired through completion of a Bachelors Degree in Medical Technology/basic science plus one year of training in order to acquire foundation in biology/chemistry/mathematics. Must present New York State Board of Education Clinical laboratory License. ASCP/equivalent certification desired, not mandatory credential. Basic familiarity with computerized systems required.
- Prior work experience of six months is desired in order to gain familiarity on-the-job with clinical chemistry techniques. Should be familiar with most major models of chemistry laboratory equipment. New technologists require period of 30 days in order to orient themselves to techniques and work area. Must be able to rotate through all sections of clinical chemistry/toxicology.
- Good analytical skills necessary for testing of specimens with the ability to verify results and identify abnormalities for clinical follow-up. Must be able to assess correct action to take during testing, cognizant of patient welfare. Must be able to utilize statistical parameters of CQI correlation procedures.
- Good interpersonal manner important during delivery of patient support in order to ensure harmonious provision of testing services. Must respond appropriately to inquiries from relevant clinicians.
- Work requires manual dexterity for use of computer keyboard and computerized equipment. Light lifting of clinical supplies may be required. Adequate physical control necessary when required to perform venipuncture.
Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote
recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to
make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender,
background, or sexual orientation.