Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Perform a variety of duties to procure supplies, equipment and services according to hospital guidelines for cost, quality and delivery. Maintains the computerized materials management system.
1. 1. Provides administrative direction and coordination in the formulation, interpretation and administration of current and long range policies, procedures and programs.
2. 2. Oversees the daily operation of department, including creating and implementing production schedules, and/or tracking and reporting systems, managing work assignments and identifying and resolving issues.
3. 3. Establishes goals and objectives for the department that are consistent with Mount Sinai Hospital policies and federal, state and local regulations. This may include defining the scope of specific departmental projects, and analyzing requirements to execute those projects successfully.
4. 4. Defines and documents procedures, identifies process and workflow changes for continuous improvement and implements best practices for greater efficiency. Provides process improvement assistance when needed, and evaluates and develops logical work flows where applicable.
5. 5. Collaborates with department and senior leadership to develop short term and long range plans.
6. 6. Interprets and administers policies regarding hiring, payroll, and promotions, placement and orientation of all staff.
7. 7. May direct and coordinate performance appraisals for staff . Provides feedback on a regular basis. Identifies opportunities for continuing education and provides training. May design in house training materials and
train employees when necessary.
8. 8. Provides oversight to management staff to ensure compliance with established practices, to implement new policies
and to keep employees aware of changes and current standards.
9. 9.Identifies contingency plans for potential risks.
10. 10. May be responsible for creating, reviewing and/or updating policies and procedures pertaining to department specific goals and objectives.
11. 11. Plans budget needs by analyzing short and long-term program plans. Collaborates with the Chief Financial Officer to assure the completion of the annual budget and financial monitoring.
12. 12. May implement quality assurance programs and oversees monitoring activities to meet standards and regulations of accrediting agencies such as Joint Commission and New York State and City Department of Health.
High School Degree Required. College Degree preferred, but not required.
At least three years med/surg purchasing experience at a Manager level or above. Ability to handle multiple changing priorities and direct staff in these circumstances
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.