Mount Sinai South Nassau in Oceanside, NY is currently seeking a Pediatric Emergency Room Physician!
Mount Sinai South Nassau is an award-winning, acute care, not-for-profit teaching hospital located in Oceanside, New York. Our dedicated staff serves the entire South Shore, from the Rockaways in Queens to the Massapequas and beyond. We offer quality, compassionate care on our main campus in Oceanside, plus nine other satellite facilities in the region. South Nassau Communities Hospital is one of the region’s largest hospitals, with 455 beds, more than 900 physicians and 3,500 employees. South Nassau is a designated a Magnet® hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) for outstanding nursing care.
We are seeking to recruit an exceptional Pediatric Emergency Room physician Mount Sinai South Nassau is a level II verified trauma center with approximately 70,000 ED visits and about 9,000 Pediatric admissions annually.
For more information, visit www.southnassau.org
- Serve a diverse population and live in a region with excellent school districts and easy access to Manhattan
- Clinical Support staff
- Outstanding collaborative and collegial work environment with a large intensive care group
- No teaching or research required
- Currently 4 Pediatric ER physicians
- Full time is 12hr shifts, 3 shifts per week
- Competitive salary and benefits offered including productivity bonuses, 4 weeks' of vacation, paid holidays, 5 days of paid CME time annually, medical, dental, vision, and malpractice coverage
- Medical Degree from an Accredited University
- New York Medical License
- Board Eligible or Board Certified in Pediatrics
- Prefer Pediatric Emergency Medicine Fellowship training or equivalent
- Committed to Mount Sinai South Nassau and the communities we serve
- Excellent communication, bedside manner, and organizational skills
- A system work ethic and desire to participate in a team-oriented, performance driven health system
About the Mount Sinai Health System:
The Mount Sinai Health System is New York City's largest integrated delivery system, encompassing eight hospitals, a leading medical school, and a vast network of ambulatory practices throughout the greater New York region. Mount Sinai's vision is to produce the safest care, the highest quality, the highest satisfaction, the best access and the best value of any health system in the nation. The Health System includes approximately 7,480 primary and specialty care physicians; 11 joint-venture ambulatory surgery centers; more than 410 ambulatory practices throughout the five boroughs of New York City, Westchester, Long Island, and Florida; and 31 affiliated community health centers. The Icahn School of Medicine is one of three medical schools that have earned distinction by multiple indicators: ranked in the top 20 by U.S. News & World Report's "Best Medical Schools", aligned with a U.S. News & World Report's "Honor Roll" Hospital, No. 12 in the nation for National Institutes of Health funding, and among the top 10 most innovative research institutions as ranked by the journal Nature in its Nature Innovation Index. This reflects a special level of excellence in education, clinical practice, and research. The Mount Sinai Hospital is ranked No. 14 on U.S. News & World Report's "Honor Roll" of top U.S. hospitals; it is one of the nation's top 20 hospitals in Cardiology/Heart Surgery, Diabetes/Endocrinology, Gastroenterology/GI Surgery, Geriatrics, Gynecology, Nephrology, Neurology/Neurosurgery, and Orthopedics in the 2019-2020 "Best Hospitals" issue. Mount Sinai's Kravis Children's Hospital also is ranked nationally in five out of ten pediatric specialties by U.S. News & World Report. The New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai is ranked 12th nationally for Ophthalmology and the South Nassau Communities Hospital is ranked 35th nationally for Urology. Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai St. Luke's, Mount Sinai West, and Mount Sinai South Nassau are ranked regionally.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.
Please specify Job Title of interest and send CV with Cover Letter to:
Executive Director Physician Recruitment
Mount Sinai Health System