Strength Through Diversity Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The Mount Sinai Health System Department of Emergency Nursing
Job Title: Clinical Nurse
Roles & Responsibilities:
- As a Clinical Nurse – Emergency Department, you will be responsible for managing the care of the patients coming for treatment in the Emergency Room.
- Assists in development, implementation, and evaluation of standards of care and nursing professional practice in collaboration with the interdisciplinary care team and in accordance with institutional policies and regulatory agency requirements.
- Assesses and evaluates patient needs for, and responses to, care rendered and applies sound nursing judgment in patient care management decision.
- Provides direct, continuous care for a specific caseload of patients through application of the nursing process - based upon theory, research, and approved Department of Nursing and institutional standards.
- Coordinates patient care activities, based on established priorities, including teaching, rounding, counseling, and discharge planning, and directs/delegates appropriately to members of the health care team.
- This position reports directly to the Emergency Department Nurse Manager.
- A capacity to learn, synthesize, make critical judgments, place patients and families first, and collaborate with team members who are recognized leaders within health care.
- At least one year of acute care RN experience required.
- 2 years of Medical / Surgical or Telemetry RN experience preferred.
- 2 years of Emergency Department experience preferred.
- BLS / BCLS, ACLS, and PALS certifications required.
- TNCC certification preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing / BSN required for all Clinical RN positions.
- Current New York State Registered Nurse / RN license (or willingness and eligibility to obtain).
Strength Through Diversity The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together. We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care. Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story! Who We Are Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve. Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai. The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate, exclude, or treat people differently on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. EOE Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans