Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The Administrative Assistant provides administrative support services for one or more individuals, a department or a division. Assists supervisor in routine personnel, budget and other operational details. Typically reports to a manager, director or division head.
- Serves as an intermediary between supervisor and other departmental staff by transmitting written and oral requests, messages and instructions.
- Assists with budget preparation and is responsible for monitoring and maintaining records of expenses for variance reporting.
- Assists in the planning and logistical coordination of meetings and office activities, forums and conferences.
- May prepare minutes of meetings, agendas, correspondence, statistical reports, tables and other documents and transcribes dictation as needed.
- Prepares and follows up on purchase orders, change orders, check requests and petty cash vouchers. Processes and follows up on tuition and other forms of reimbursement for assigned staff
- Makes travel arrangements and accommodations. Prepares travel reimbursements and expense reports.
- Responds to mail where appropriate or distributes mail requiring attention to appropriate individual(s).
- Screens telephone calls, answers routine inquiries or refers caller to the appropriate individual for response.
- Education: Associates Degree in Secretarial Science or related field, or HS/GED plus two years of related experience.
- Bachelors Degree preferred.
- 3 years administrative or medical office experience required
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 42,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.