Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Job Title: Senior Director EMS 911 Operations
Overseeing all aspects for 911 Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Department for Mount Sinai Health System, the Senior Director EMS 911 Operations directs program activities and resources for the EMS 911 department ensuring alignment with our departmental and organizational mission, values, and objectives.
- Oversees all aspects of the Operations Division for 911 EMS.
- Develops and monitors strategic operating goals and objectives.
- Responsible for financial management including budget, salary, capital, billing and revenue projections. Monitors budgets on an ongoing basis and prepares variance reports, etc., to ensure financial goals are met or revised as appropriate.
- Works closely with EMS Medical Director(s) and Training and Safety Manager to develop and implement quality control measures, educational and training programs for department.
- Responsible for contract administration for EMS contracts including development of new contracts and renewals. Insures that contracts are being adhered to and are in compliance with all local, state and federal regulations.
- Plans and monitors staffing activities, including hiring, orienting, evaluating, disciplinary actions, and continuing education initiatives.
- Serves as the primary contact for employee issues with HR or union as applicable.
- Identify potential or real time operational issues and implement new process changes to fix as needed.
- Primary liaison for EMS billing activities with third-party billing vendor; responds to billing questions/complaints and resolves any issues.
- Creates and manages quality-improvement initiatives across service sites.
- Maintains safe work environment and culture, promotes excellence in customer care.
- Collaborates with key personnel, hospital administrative teams, and physicians, develops strategies, promotes operational standards, and ensures that emergency medical services are coordinated across the service sites.
- Develop and maintain all necessary policy and procedures related to 911 EMS Operations.
- Maintains direct communication with FDNY leadership. Attends regular division and district meetings.
- Directs investigations of FDNY reported infractions.
- Ensures that the department operate in accordance with all applicable safety standards, as evidenced by staff compliance with mandatory in-service programs, safety inspections and licensing evaluations.
- Coordinates and reviews subpoenas and other legal inquiries with risk management and the legal department.
- Attends meetings within the Health System and outside agencies as required.
- Assist the department to be an industry leader in technology and innovation.
- Serves as on call administrator.
- Performs related duties assigned by VP or Medical Director.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s Degree in Health Administration or Business preferred.
- Current NYS Paramedic License preferred
- Minimum of seven (7) years progressive leadership experience.
- Previous experience running and managing ambulance service organizations preferred.
- Understanding of all aspects of EMS and ambulance services including billing, staffing, and regulatory compliance required.
- Demonstrated proficiency building and leading teams, including making high level decisions.
- Knowledge of Human Resource and financial management
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.