The Labor Relations Representative supports most Labor and Employee Relations initiatives and daily operations, including assisting in employee counseling, conducting investigations, providing contract negotiation support, conduction employee grievances and other assigned responsibilities.
- Act as an internal consultant to all levels of management to resolve labor and employee relations policies and procedures and other human resources issues including but not limited to conducting investigations, assisting with FMLA/ADA issues, assisting with Workers’ Compensation cases, advising on employee corrective action plans including disciplinary action, assisting with preparations for union negotiations and managing grievances and arbitrations.
- Conducts disruptive behavior and harassment investigations. Assists Directors of Service and other managerial staff with dealing with faculty and other employees who are not meeting performance standards and develops and implements appropriate departmental and organizational learning and developmental activities.
- Participates in downsizing/lay-off processes.
- Assists HR Director in decision support, grievance meetings and preparation of cases (i.e. arbitrations, civil cases). May serve as case investigator and grievance hearing officer.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
-Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required.
-2 years of experience in a labor relations setting, preferable in a healthcare environment.
-Intermediate level skills in MS Word and Excel required.
-Superior written and oral communication skills.
Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote
recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to
make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender,
background, or sexual orientation.