***FOR FUTURE OPPURTINITIES***
The Onboarding Specialist I manage the full cycle
pre-employment on-boarding process for final selected candidates, and provide
the highest level of customer service to all new hires.
The Onboarding Specialist I collects, analyzes background
information from applications submitted by all potential new hires. This
involves all aspects of the background check process including meeting
compliance and quality assurance standards. The Onboarding Specialist I execute
strategies that improve the overall on-boarding management process and ensure a
seamless on-boarding experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Manages the receipt of all required documents from potential new hires such as employment applications, educational documents, references, resumes, disclosure and consent forms, certificates of disposition, licenses, certifications and PSV’s related to background checks.
2. Analyzes data from the submitted applications to ensure completion and accuracy prior to releasing to background screening company.
3. Partners with Recruiters and advises on falsification of records or disqualification of employment leading to rescinding offers.
4. Maintains/updates demographics and schedule EHS appointment for new employee physicals and drug screens.
5. Ensures candidate licensure/certifications are current and up-to-date. Determines legitimacy of documentation submitted by the candidate to ensure eligibility for employment.
6. Communicates with Background Vendor Investigators when background check reports are still pending, and makes inquiries regarding the reasons for delays and alerts.
7. Communicates with International Personnel Staff for verification of International Employees clearance status.
8. Responds to Hiring Managers and Prospective New Hires with updates of employment status.
9. Ensures compliance with standard onboarding practices and procedures.
10. Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent related experience and education.
PHR certification preferred.
6 months of Recruitment and Staffing experience on-boarding new hires.
Data Base experience with ATS’s
Knowledge of pre-employment background check, medical and criminal clearance.
Knowledge of federal employment laws/procedures and regulatory compliance guidelines.
Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects with minimal supervision
Excellent organization skills and the ability to prioritize on a regular basis.
Ability to make sound judgment decisions and recommend final hiring criteria outcomes.
Ensures compliance with standard onboarding practices and procedures.
Strong customer service and communication skills