Register to Help Join The Fight!
The Mount Sinai Family is coming together to win the battle against COVID-19 and we need your help.
Multiple Specialties Needed for Paid Opportunities:
- ED Registered Nurse
- ICU Registered Nurse
- Registered Respiratory Therapist
- Physician Assistant
The successful candidate for this position will have substantial input to the specific nature of the research project. However, the project should broadly fit within the lab’s goals of learning about evolution and demographic history from genetic variation data, applying population genetic principles to the analysis of complex traits and developing models for translation of genomic discovery to clinical healthcare management. Opportunities will be available to analyze (and/or generate) next-generation sequencing data from diverse populations.
The position is available for 2 years and may be continued contingent on successful progress and available funding. A competitive salary, travel opportunities and excellent benefits package will be offered commensurate with experience. The position is expected to start in spring/summer of 2016, though a specific start date is negotiable.
• Candidates should have a Ph.D. in biology, genetics, computer science, statistics, anthropology, bioinformatics, computational biology, or a related field and the ability to work well in collaborative environments.
• Knowledge of theoretical population genetics, complex trait mapping and/or next-gen sequencing is a plus.
• This can be a computational position, or a combination of experimental and computational, however proficiency in programming in R, Perl (or Python), and shell scripting is essential. Other programming expertise (such as Java, C/C++) is highly desired.
• Preference will be given to candidates with a strong publication record, evidence of substantial research productivity, and ability to successfully communicate scientific information.
• Excellent English written and spoken skills are necessary.