Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of a physician, provides diagnostic, therapeutic and preventive health care services. The P.A. provides a broad spectrum of comprehensive medical services, treating patients with physical ailments, ranging from superficial injuries to acute medical disorders. Case mix complexity consists primarily of routine cases in a structured environment with ample supervision.
- Working directly with the Chief of Cardiology.
- Take care of patients in both the inpatient and outpatient setting.
Physician practice will include, but not limited to, offices in Washington Heights and Astoria.
Responsible for patient care as outlined within collaborative practice agreement.
Assesses the health status of patients/families by means of comprehensive health history and physical examination.
Initiates selected therapeutic and diagnostic procedures, consultations and laboratory examination, prescribes and alters medication regimens, interprets findings and alters plan of care according to collaborative practice agreement and protocols in designated area.
- Provides teaching and counseling in the areas of health promotion, maintenance, disease prevention, and management of acute/chronic illnesses.
- Documents findings and plan of care in the patient's medical record
Consults with physician as established in the collaborative practice agreement.
- Performs a patient record review with the collaborating physician in a timely fashion but not less than every three months
- Advocates for patients/families and supports patients' rights.
- Bachelor in Science or Masters degree
- Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant Program
- Current licensure to practice as a Physician Assistant issued by the NYS
- Current certification by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants
- Current unrestricted DEA certificate
- Basic Computer skills to navigate Electronic Medical Records
- MS Office Basic
- Prior cardiology training or experience (preferred but not required; can be trained on job for this position)
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
- Likely travel to office in Queens and Manhattan (on different days)