Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Paints ceilings, walls, woodwork and other surfaces; mixes and blends paints; cleans and smooth surfaces, and removes old finishes in preparation for painting.
- Finish sheetrock utilizing sheetrock tape and compound.
- Fills holes, smooth surfaces, using sandpaper, wire brushes or steel wool and removes old paint from surfaces using paint remover, scrapers, wire brushes, to prepare specified colors by blending and mixing required proportions of pigments, oil and thinning and drying substances.
- Taking precautions to prevent injury to others from falling scaffolding, ladders and paint containers.
- Scheduling work to maintain painted surfaces clean and attractive in appearance.
- Care of brushes, spray guns and other equipment.
- Performs minor construction (ie: Farming Sheetrock, flooring, suspended ceiling) as required.
- Must be able to respond to emergency situations in which engineering is directly or indirectly related.
- Must display the ability to maintain a clean and organized environment.
- Properly maintain inventory.
- Snow removal as assigned
Performs required documentation as required by the department to insure compliance to Joint Commission, DOH, EPA, DEP and all other inspection agencies having jurisdiction.
Prior experience preferred
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.