One Medical seeks an Extended Hours Primary Care provider in Manhattan!
One Medical is a unique primary care group delivering the highest-quality care and service available, and offering providers deeply gratifying and sustainable careers with myriad opportunities for professional enrichment. We’re fiercely independent of massive healthcare institutions, seeing fewer patients each day and spending more time investing in longitudinal relationships and thoughtful decision-making. Through advanced technology and a team-based approach, we care for patients around-the-clock without requiring providers to take call. We’re a proudly diverse crew united by humanism, intellectual curiosity, and a powerful mission: redesigning healthcare and bringing world-class primary care to everyone.
- Full time (36 hours a week)
What you'll likely work on:
- You will be responsible for managing patients acute care concerns
- Common concerns and procedures include: URI, bronchitis, chest pain, abdominal pain, back pain, acute mental health concerns, pelvic exams, STI diagnosis and treatment, laceration repair, I&D (abscess, bartholin's and pilonidal), splinting, ingrown toenail removal.
- Patient management of both adult and pediatric patients, down to about 1 year olds.
You'll be set up for success if you have:
- Excellent clinical and communication skills
- An interest in using technology to deliver high quality, evidence-based care
- The desire to be an integral part of a rapidly growing team of clinicians dedicated to changing healthcare delivery
- BC/BE in Family or Internal Medicine or BC/BE OR graduate of accredited NP or PA program with national certification
- At least 2 years of outpatient primary care, emergency medicine or urgent care experience (required)
- Licensing in New York
- Ability to work a evenings and weekends
- Ability to work at least 3 holidays a year
Benefits designed to aid your health and wellness:
- Taking care of you today
- Paid sabbatical after 5 and 10 years
- Employee Assistance Program - Free confidential advice for team members who need help with stress, anxiety, financial planning, and legal issues
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Free One Medical memberships for yourself, your friends and family
- Pre-Tax commuter benefits
- PTO cash outs - Option to cash out up to 40 accrued hours per year
Protecting your future for you and your family:
- 401K match
- Credit towards emergency childcare
- Company paid maternity and paternity leave
- Paid Life Insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Basic Life Insurance
- Disability insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
Supporting your medical career:
- Malpractice Insurance - Malpractice fees to insure your practice at One Medical is covered 100%.
- UpToDate Subscription - An evidence-based clinical research tool
- Continuing Medical Education (CME) - Receive an annual stipend for continuing medical education
- Rounds - Providers end patient care one hour early each week to participate in this shared learning experience
This is a full-time role based in Manhattan, New York, NY
One Medical is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience.
About the Mount Sinai Health System:
The Mount Sinai Health System is New York City's largest integrated delivery system, encompassing eight hospitals, a leading medical school, and a vast network of ambulatory practices throughout the greater New York region. Mount Sinai's vision is to produce the safest care, the highest quality, the highest satisfaction, the best access and the best value of any health system in the nation. The Health System includes approximately 7,480 primary and specialty care physicians; 11 joint-venture ambulatory surgery centers; more than 410 ambulatory practices throughout the five boroughs of New York City, Westchester, Long Island, and Florida; and 31 affiliated community health centers. The Icahn School of Medicine is one of three medical schools that have earned distinction by multiple indicators: ranked in the top 20 by U.S. News & World Report's "Best Medical Schools", aligned with a U.S. News & World Report's "Honor Roll" Hospital, No. 12 in the nation for National Institutes of Health funding, and among the top 10 most innovative research institutions as ranked by the journal Nature in its Nature Innovation Index. This reflects a special level of excellence in education, clinical practice, and research. The Mount Sinai Hospital is ranked No. 14 on U.S. News & World Report's "Honor Roll" of top U.S. hospitals; it is one of the nation's top 20 hospitals in Cardiology/Heart Surgery, Diabetes/Endocrinology, Gastroenterology/GI Surgery, Geriatrics, Gynecology, Nephrology, Neurology/Neurosurgery, and Orthopedics in the 2019-2020 "Best Hospitals" issue. Mount Sinai's Kravis Children's Hospital also is ranked nationally in five out of ten pediatric specialties by U.S. News & World Report. The New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai is ranked 12th nationally for Ophthalmology and the South Nassau Communities Hospital is ranked 35th nationally for Urology. Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai St. Luke's, Mount Sinai West, and Mount Sinai South Nassau are ranked regionally.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.
Please specify Job Title of interest and send CV with Cover Letter to:
Executive Director Physician Recruitment
Mount Sinai Health System