Under general supervision of Radiology Administrator, supervises daily operations of CT scan and/or special procedures sections and assists in supervision of main diagnostic radiology service in the provision of all routine and advanced radiologic and fluoroscopic examinations in accordance with established policies and procedures. Develops operational, administrative and quality assurance/CQI procedures and standards; schedules technologist workflow. Reviews and updates all policy and procedure manuals in accordance with regulatory standards; performs quality assurance checks; conducts staff in service training. May perform computerized tomography/special procedures testing as required. Ensures proper operation of area equipment; maintains contacts with external vendors/technologists to ensure continuous operation of area equipment. Provides instruction to medical students and residents. Supervises provision of or provides care to patients of all ages in the form of diagnostic testing.
- Under supervision of Radiology Administrator, supervises daily operations of CT scan and/or special procedures sections and assists in supervising main diagnostic radiology service in provision of all types of radiologic and fluoroscopic diagnostic examinations in order to aid the diagnosis and treatment of patients. Develops operational procedures and quality assurance/ CQI standards; monitors compliance with protocols by technical staff. Schedules examination workflow from patient areas. Supervises or performs calibration and maintenance of CT, special procedures or diagnostic radiology equipment during daily operations. Supervises maintenance of supplies including drugs, routine equipment and office supplies. Participates in planning and acquisition of major or specialized equipment purchases. Assists in coordination of regulatory audits by private or governmental agencies.
- Under supervision, performs quality assurance function both for diagnostic testing and proper operation of area equipment in accordance with established clinical protocols. Performs quality assurance/CQI testing on equipment in accordance with quality assurance monitors (e.g., monthly reject analysis); maintains quality of film processing equipment. Supervises, coordinates or implements equipment repairs and preventive maintenance, in compliance with regulatory guidelines and manufacturers, recommended standards. Contacts external technologists or experts for maintenance or repair of equipment. Reviews/updates procedural manuals in accordance with departmental protocols.
- Supervises Lead X-Ray Technologists, CT/Special Procedures Technologists and X-Ray Technologists and area staff: assigns work; checks work product for accuracy and quality; provides input on work performance. Participates in decisions on hiring, termination or discipline of staff technologists. May investigate/resolve complaints regarding patient care.
- Performs computerized tomography or special procedures diagnostic testing as required. operates and adjusts equipment, observing safety guidelines. Responds to patients, needs during testing. Performs calculations and records and codes all applicable examination results, completing all relevant documentation. Ensures sterilization of reusable equipment.
- Teaches new techniques and orients staff to operation of new equipment via in service training sessions. Provides teaching and training, as required, to physicians, students, medical residents and other clinical staff. Provides orientation to new staff technologists. Participates in continuing education in order to maintain current knowledge of diagnostic examination techniques. Attends and participates in clinical conferences.
- Performs related duties as assigned or required professionally, provides support, schedules examinations, maintains examination files/statistics.
-Job requires a minimum level of knowledge ordinarily acquired through completion of a Bachelor's Degree and NYS-accredited training program in radiological technology in order to learn examination techniques, technical skills, medical terminology and anatomy. Special training desirable in certain areas such as special procedures, CAT Scan, MRI, PET/CT Scan, General Radiology Mammography, Nuclear Medicine and PACS.
-Candidates/incumbents should possess at least three to five years of progressively more responsible experience as radiology manager of large technical and clerical staff in large-scale healthcare entity in order to gain familiarity with managing comparable radiology department. Should have thorough knowledge of most major models of radiological diagnostic equipment.
-Excellent and analytical skills necessary in order to solve problems of high complexity, requiring specialized knowledge, as senior management official. Incumbent develops and implements policies and procedures in conjunction with the Director of Service.
-Licensure by New York State Department of Health as a Radiology Technologist is mandatory.
-ARRT (American Registry of Radiologic Technology) or like organization certification in CT Scan is preferred.
-Basic computer skills including MS Word is required.
-Excellent interpersonal skills required for effective job performance: good written and verbal communication skills mandatory; incumbent required to maintain state-of-the art knowledge of field. Must interact effectively with hospital clinicians/management staff/external agencies/line technical staff.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate, exclude, or treat people differently on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.