Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The Registrar is responsible for the business aspect of the patient's visit to the Emergency Department as well as the patient focused care delivery within the department. Activities include: registration, insurance verification and notification, updating of financial and demographic information, reception and other duties as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. 1. Greet and direct patients, visitors, and staff.
2. 2. Answers telephones promptly and courteously. Directs calls to appropriate personnel and/or departments, takes messages and assures delivery of same.
3. 3. Is open and responsive to the diverse backgrounds and experience of other people and promotes an environment that is sensitive to cultural diversity
4. 4. Distributes departmental reading material such as Emergency Department brochure, Health Care Proxy and Patient Bill of Rights. Ensures such documents are readily available.
5. 5. Registers patients by updating or entering patient demographic, financial information and emergency contact data into the computer system.
6. 6. Verifies demographic information and insurance coverage by interviewing patient/family member/friend.
6 months of experience.
Experience performing data entry (patient demographic data) in health care environment preferred.
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate, exclude, or treat people differently on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.