Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The position is responsible for the supervision and coordination of assigned Cashier and general office activities consistent with departmental objectives, administrative policies and practices. Ensures the successful delivery of financial services within the department or unit.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. 1. Plans and schedules work for staff to ensure proper distribution of assignments and adequate staffing, space and facilities for subsequent performance of duties.
2. 2. Ensures adequate staffing for unexpected/emergency coverage.
3. 3. Provides work direction, guidance, coaching and training for staff.
4. 4. Establishes, reviews and revises work processes and procedures to ensure efficient and effective administrative activities.
5. 5. Makes recommendations regarding fiscal and staffing requirements of the unit to assist in the preparation of
6. 6. Compiles information reflecting expenditures and develops comparisons.
7. 7. Assists in the development of new methods, procedures and/or processes to increase efficiency and to improve service deliver, production, equipment performance, scheduling and quality control.
8. 8. Establishes and maintains liaison with other departments, units or care centers, as well as within own department, to ensure effective coordination of work activities.
9. 9. Fosters an environment of open communication and team work in support of the department and organization’s goals and objectives.
10. 10. Ensures compliance with department and organization policies & procedures.
11. 11. Supervises and coordinates various personnel activities including, but not limited to, hiring, performance appraisals,
training, disciplining and making salary increase recommendations.
12. 12. Performs other related duties.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
Intermediate MS Word (Word, Excel), Access, Outlook
3 years of directly related experience with 1 years in a supervisory role or an equivalent combination of relevant education
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate, exclude, or treat people differently on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.