Mount Sinai is seeking a highly motivated clinically trained post-doctoral fellow to conduct clinical and translational research!
The Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai is seeking a highly motivated clinically trained post-doctoral fellow to conduct clinical and translational research in psychosis spectrum disorders or mood disorders. T32 funding is available.
Candidates must be highly motivated in the use of neuroscience methods to understand mechanisms of dysfunction in clinical populations including mood disorders, schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. The fellow will receive one-on-one mentoring and structured coursework in clinical and translational research methodology and work in a collaborative, multi-disciplinary environment to gain experience in clinical and translational research.
This will occur in the intellectually stimulating setting of our vibrant departments of psychiatry (# 4 in NIH funding nationwide) and Neuroscience (#3 in NIH funding). Fellows will have the opportunity to draw from the substantial resources of the Icahn School of Medicine, including resources located within the Friedman Brain Institute and the Translational and Molecular Imaging Institute, in order to carry out high-impact clinical and translational research. Travel and pilot funding stipends are available, and salaries are competitive.
The primary responsibilities of the fellow will be to assist in managing research projects, analyze research data, present findings at national and/or local conferences, and write up results for publication. The fellow will also be responsible for overseeing the smooth running of patients in the studies and assisting the research coordinators in ongoing efforts of subject recruitment, lab management, and data organization.
US citizenship or green card is required. An M.D. and/or a Ph.D. is required. Clinical training (residency +/- clinical fellowship for MDs and clinical internship for PhDs) is required. Experience with clinical populations and/or clinical assessment is preferred. Strong skills in experimental design, quantitative methods/statistical modeling, and the ability to carry out independent data analyses using standard software packages (e.g., SPSS, SAS, and/or R, Python, SPM, FSL, and/or AFNI) are preferred. The successful candidate must demonstrate solid mastery of written English and show evidence of peer-reviewed publications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage and analyze research data
• Present work at national conferences and write-up results for publication
• Oversee the smooth and efficient running of the studies, working with research coordinators to develop and maintain efficient study procedures
• Work with research coordinators to facilitate patient enrollment, assessment, and running as needed
• Assist with new study design and programming of tasks
• Assist in grant preparations, seek out opportunities for fellowship funding
• MD or Ph.D. in Psychology or related field
• Clinical training (residency +/- clinical fellowship for MDs and internship for PhDs)
Minimum Computer Skills:
• Advanced knowledge of data analysis (e.g., SPSS, SAS, and/or R, SPM, FSL, and/or AFNI) preferred
• Basic to intermediate knowledge of Matlab and/or other coding experience would be highly desirable
• Intermediate-level experience with E-prime or other experimental presentation programs would be desirable
• Solid mastery of written English and evidence of peer-reviewed publications
• Highly organized, strong attention to detail, good with multitasking, very reliable
• Proactive and independent, self-motivated to analyze and publish neuroimaging research
• Ability to meet deadlines, with proven track record in this area
• Willingness and interest in learning new data analytic techniques
• Experience with research in clinical populations and psychiatric assessment using the SCID/MINI would be desirable
About the Mount Sinai Health System:
The Mount Sinai Health System is New York City's largest integrated delivery system, encompassing eight hospitals, a leading medical school, and a vast network of ambulatory practices throughout the greater New York region. Mount Sinai's vision is to produce the safest care, the highest quality, the highest satisfaction, the best access and the best value of any health system in the nation. The Health System includes approximately 7,480 primary and specialty care physicians; 11 joint-venture ambulatory surgery centers; more than 410 ambulatory practices throughout the five boroughs of New York City, Westchester, Long Island, and Florida; and 31 affiliated community health centers. The Icahn School of Medicine is one of three medical schools that have earned distinction by multiple indicators: ranked in the top 20 by U.S. News & World Report's "Best Medical Schools", aligned with a U.S. News & World Report's "Honor Roll" Hospital, No. 12 in the nation for National Institutes of Health funding, and among the top 10 most innovative research institutions as ranked by the journal Nature in its Nature Innovation Index. This reflects a special level of excellence in education, clinical practice, and research. The Mount Sinai Hospital is ranked No. 14 on U.S. News & World Report's "Honor Roll" of top U.S. hospitals; it is one of the nation's top 20 hospitals in Cardiology/Heart Surgery, Diabetes/Endocrinology, Gastroenterology/GI Surgery, Geriatrics, Gynecology, Nephrology, Neurology/Neurosurgery, and Orthopedics in the 2019-2020 "Best Hospitals" issue. Mount Sinai's Kravis Children's Hospital also is ranked nationally in five out of ten pediatric specialties by U.S. News & World Report. The New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai is ranked 12th nationally for Ophthalmology and the South Nassau Communities Hospital is ranked 35th nationally for Urology. Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai St. Luke's, Mount Sinai West, and Mount Sinai South Nassau are ranked regionally.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate, exclude, or treat people differently on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
Please specify Job Title of interest and send CV with Cover Letter to:
Executive Director Physician Recruitment
Mount Sinai Health System