***FOR FUTURE OPPORTUNITIES**
Mount Sinai Morningside
Currently looking for ICU Nurses with the following experience:
- ICU/Critical Care
- Conducts Nursing assessment based on interview, examination, observation and review of records of the patient
- Ensures that the patient’s progress, or lack of progress, is reflected in progress notes and in the revised care plans
- Discharge planning consistent with the patient’s status and reflects inter-departmental and inter-agency communication
- Communicates information to the patient based on the patient’s level of awareness and readiness to learn
- Supports orientation of new staff members by observing professional behaviors, providing feedback to the staff member and by acting as a preceptor, role model and a resource person
- Functions as a professional role model and mentor for students and volunteers.
- Patient care assignments reflecting an awareness of patient needs and skill level of personnel
- Organization of provision of care to meets priority needs of patients and unit
- Communicates condition of patients and unit requiring additional intervention to the leadership person in the relevant discipline
- Participates in the development of other staff members
- Communicates with peers in an appraisal of practice as it relates to self and other nursing personnel
- Reflects a collaborative effort in meeting the needs of the patient and unit through communication and nursing actions
- Provides direction, assistance and support
- Assumes accountability and responsibility for completion and quality of assigned tasks
- Identifies and communicates to immediate supervisor the need for further staff education
- Reflects awareness of authorities and responsibilities of nursing management levels by communication with nursing leadership
- Seeks and utilizes nursing leaders as role models and resource persons
- Reflects collaborative effort in meeting patient and unit needs by communication with other disciplines
- Reflects the philosophy, goals and objectives of the Department of Nursing and the Hospital Center in communication and interaction with families and other groups
- Graduation from an accredited Nursing program. Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing required.
- 1 year ICU nursing experience or 2 years' Stepdown or Telemetry RN experience
- Licensed and currently registered or otherwise duly authorized to practice as a professional nurse in New York State
- BCLS and ACLS required
- CCRN preferred
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate, exclude, or treat people differently on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.