Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
PACS Engineer II - IT Applications - Full Time
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
IT Applications - Req #2094906
PACS Engineer II
Roles & Responsibilities:
The PACS Engineer II provides engineering, operational support and problem resolution for systems or an environment required to support a large, complex institutional IT system, a segment of that system or a process.
1. Provide engineering and administrative support for the assigned areas (e.g. Linux, Windows Servers OS, Server Hardware, Active Directory, etc.).
2. May engineer/implement solutions using Middleware platform such as VMWARE
3. Oversee PACS, server and desktop support services
4. Modality work list management
5. Track, communicate and manage PACS implementation issues
6. Insure accuracy of interface connectivity and verify integrity of interface data
7. Tests new software versions and participates in the definition of standard installation and upgrade methodologies. May create flowcharts, diagrams and other documentation.
8. Maintains software versions management controls.
9. Understand Packaging concepts and methodologies and may assist with packaging application for servers and client devices.
10. Resolves problems and may implement, configure and fine tune a system/process to monitor system health.
11. Works closely with clients, vendors and project teams to determine support requirements and provides a resolution within defined standards.
12. May assist with cross-divisional business requirements and troubleshooting.
13. Maintains and augments manuals
14. May act as a project Lead
15. Aids in executing testing with both IT project teams and divisional clients
16. Performs related duties as assigned or requested.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline preferred.
An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may substitute
• 5+ years of experience in engineering and support of an institutional IT system.
• Must have technical experience in picture archiving and communication systems (PACS) and networking.
• Experience with PACS server and client configuration
• Knowledge of DICOM and HL7 interface standards
• Experience with Windows Server, Linux/Unix operating systems and server management
• Experience with managing desktop support services
• Troubleshooting/problem solving skills
• Must have excellent trouble-shooting, documentation and communication skills.
• Experience with supporting hospital information systems
• Knowledge and experience with network technologies (TCP/IP, Microsoft)
• Basic project management skills
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a
part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.