Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Regulatory Affairs Director
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
The Mount Sinai Health System’s commitment to excellence extends beyond delivering world-class health care. The System’s ongoing success is dependent upon our highly motivated, nonclinical professionals working to improve business operations. Our leadership team is driven to provide exceptional service by cultivating a workforce that is dedicated to upholding Mount Sinai’s mission of delivering innovative, breakthrough medicine with compassion and integrity.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
Responsible for assisting the Vice President, Quality and Regulatory Affairs in maintaining a state of regulatory compliance across the MSHS, through proactive tracking, communication, monitoring and feedback with all accountable parties. The individual will be a resource for regulatory information and provide the necessary interfaces amongst involved departments, committees and individuals, to help facilitate effective solutions that will meet regulatory requirements.
- Organizes and catalogs all key regulatory and accreditation obligations (Federal, State and Local) across the MSHS into a Regulatory Inventory.
- Works with leadership to establish specific accountability for all regulatory requirements at all sites, where relevant and appropriate.
- Fosters collaborative, supportive relationships across the enterprise to drive optimal performance, while also holding responsible parties accountable.
- Utilizes the Regulatory Inventory to establish a tracking and communication mechanism for the purpose of routinely assessing the status of compliance.
- Compiles data and prepares reports regarding regulatory compliance and other regulatory matters.
- Oversees the continuous survey readiness programs throughout the enterprise to ensure full participation, consistent evaluation of results with high inter-rater reliability, identification of trends requiring follow-up, and tracking of plans to address deficiencies.
- Manages the content and administration of the Regulatory Bulletin Board to assure the ongoing communication of new and changing regulatory obligations as well as the sharing of internal corrective actions across sites. Researches questions regarding regulatory impact of given actions and prepares options to work with strategic directions provided.
- Assists with the operational aspects of survey management, before, during and after the survey. This would include: meeting with involved constituents to assure that all needed preparation is completed; helping to coordinate with leadership and surveyors during the survey; and reviewing and assisting as needed, with submissions of post-survey documents.
- Participates in audits and surveys to promote regulatory and accreditation readiness, as needed.
- Provides subject matter expertise regarding regulatory and accreditation requirements, and identifies and collaborates with other subject matter experts to serve the reference needs of the organization. Keeps abreast of regulatory and accreditation standards and oversees system-wide access to relevant reference materials.
- Working with the respective accountable parties, ensures timely and complete submission of all regulatory reports to external agencies.
- Works on other regulatory projects and duties as assigned.
What You’ll Bring:
Master’s degree or equivalent experience in any of the following areas strongly preferred: MPA, MPH, MBA
5-7 years of related experience. Prior healthcare industry experience essential, with particular familiarity with Federal and NYS regulations preferred. Prior leadership roles important as is experience managing project groups.
Microsoft Office- comfortable with Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Project Management software experience preferred
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Who We Are:
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.