Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
To selectively study the relevant cells, we developed knock-in reporters to identify and isolate human midbrain dopaminergic neurons in novel large-scale 3D cultures of differentiated hPSCs. Using CRISPR-mediated genome editing, we created several isogenic cell lines each harboring relevant PD associated gene mutations.
The full-time postdoctoral research associate will work on our PD disease models. We setup a highly efficient CRISPR genome editing pipeline and a successful experimental paradigm using state-of the art 3D-differentiation technology, imaging technologies, molecular and functional characterization, transcriptomics, and quantitative proteomics technologies to understand PD pathology in the relevant cell type. The successful applicant will be working with these tools, and have access to all the core facilities present at the ICAHN school of medicine at Mount Sinai.
• CRISPR Genome Editing in hPSCs
• Differentiation of hPSCs into different neuronal populations
• FACS of labeled cellular populations from differentiated hPSCs.
• Generation of next generation sequencing libraries
• Analysis of transcriptomics and quantitative proteomics data
• CRISPR-activation and CRISPR-inhibition functional genomics screens
• Publish and present novel research findings in academic journals and conferences
• PhD in Neuroscience, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or related field
• Productivity demonstrated by publication record
• Ability to work efficiently and reach expected goals
• Desire to work in a small team/strong interpersonal skill
Desired qualifications include experience in some of the following methodologies:
• Molecular biology
• hPSC culture or general cell culture techniques
• Genome editing using CRISPRs
• Flow cytometry
• Preparation of next generation sequencing libraries
Our group will be part of the Icahn School of Medicine at the Department of Neuroscience and Neurology, the Friedman Brain Institute, and the Black Family Stem Cell Institute. This highly productive and collaborative environment will provide excellent resources, mentorship and support.
The position offers competitive salary, guaranteed subsidized postdoc-housing and exposure to a rich environment at Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai and the New York City area. Interested candidates should send their CV and names/contact information of 3 potential references to: Tim Ahfeldt at firstname.lastname@example.org