Mount Sinai Careers
Bioinformatician I, Pharmacological Sciences
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
Mount Sinai Health System’s multidisciplinary clinical research teams are pioneering innovative new approaches in health care across a variety of fields. Working alongside leading physicians and within internationally acclaimed medical institutes, centers, and laboratories, our scientists continue to shape the future of clinical care and improve outcomes for patients of all ages.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
A full-time position is available in the Ma’ayan Laboratory of Computational Systems Biology and the BD2K-LINCS Data Coordination and Integration Center at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai in New York. The Ma’ayan Laboratory conducts multi-disciplinary NIH funded research that utilizes big data analytics to develop better understanding about drug action in human cells, build molecular regulatory networks from high-content genome-wide data, and predict optimized therapeutics for individual patients across several complex diseases.
The successful candidate will collaborate with an interdisciplinary team on projects related to bioinformatics, big data science, and systems biology including developing, implementing, documenting and maintaining web-based software applications used by the larger scientific community. You will work on various aspects of research and infrastructure projects. Your work will include:
- Developing novel dynamic data visualizations
- Applying machine learning to identify patterns in large and complex datasets
- Harmonizing and abstracting data from a variety of sources
- Developing novel statistical mining strategies and algorithms
- Developing websites, databases, APIs and other data exchange protocols
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Informatics, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Engineering, or Biological Sciences and who have a strong interest in working on data-intensive biomedical problems.
- Experience with machine learning, multithread programming, and cloud computing
- Experience developing and deploying web-based and mobile apps
- Experience with bioinformatics research projects
- Knowledge of molecular and cell biology
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an
equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual
and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and
appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.