Mount Sinai Careers
PER DIEM REGISTERED NURSE - BROOKLYN HEIGHTS 2 DAYS/WEEK
Mount Sinai Health System Careers
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
At the Mount Sinai Health System, patient care takes many forms. Our support services team members are responsible for creating a safe and welcoming environment for our patients so they can focus on what truly matters - healing. Every day brings new challenges—and each day offers the opportunity to improve the lives of patients and families in every community we serve.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
The Brooklyn Heights Registered Nurse is responsible for providing professional nursing care to patients and their families following the nursing process, established standards and practices. Assist physicians and other team members in coordinating patient care. Functions as a resource for support staff (LPNs and Medical Assistants).
- Assesses and monitors changes in the physical and psycho/social needs of patients utilizing the nursing process
- Educates and counsels patient and/or caregiver with provisions for follow-up
- Prepares the patient for and assists in complex procedures and treatments
- Administers and documents all medications including IV therapy accurately
- Patient charting is entered into the EMR accurately and in a timely manner
- Provides clinical direction to the support staff (LPNs, Medical Assistants)
- Responds to emergencies as needed
- Checks code cart weekly, if applicable
- Stocks supplies as needed.
- Performs other duties as appropriate.
Per Diem Schedule: Mondays and Thursdays, 8am-5pm
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor of Science with a major in Nursing. Associate Degree or Diploma in Nursing with current matriculation in a BSN program with graduation date within one year of hire will be considered by the Clinical Director of Nursing.
- 1 year experience assisting with endoscopic procedures and recovering patients post anesthesia required.
- NYS RN license
- IV Certification
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health
System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and
respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our
employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background,
or sexual orientation.