Mount Sinai Careers
PER DIEM REGISTRAR
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Enter or update patient demographics and financial information in computer system.
2. Generate patient’s chart and log patient data.
3. Verify Medicaid and other insurance information.
4. Hand out important patient information and documents.
5. Answer telephone and pages appropriate people.
6. Process specimens and accept alert values from lab.
7. Assist with cashiering duties by accepting clinic payments.
8. Deliver and expedites patient charts.
9. Dispatch specimens or documents by pneumatic tube.
10. Stamp all ancillary slips.
11. Is open and responsive to the diverse backgrounds and experience of other people and promotes an environment that is sensitive to cultural diversity.
12. File charts and retrieve old records.
13. All other duties assigned by supervisor.