Mount Sinai Careers
Transplant Coordinator/RN - Full Time - Days
The Mount Sinai Health System
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
The Mount Sinai Health System’s commitment to excellence extends beyond delivering world-class health care. The System’s ongoing success is dependent upon our highly motivated, nonclinical professionals working to improve business operations. Our leadership team is driven to provide exceptional service by cultivating a workforce that is dedicated to upholding Mount Sinai’s mission of delivering innovative, breakthrough medicine with compassion and integrity.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
What You’ll Do:
Intestinal Transplant and Rehabilitation Coordinator
The Recanati/Miller Transplantation Institute, one of the largest and most comprehensive adult and pediatric abdominal transplant centers in the country, seeks an experienced registered nurse, physician assistant, or nurse practitioner to screen, evaluate, educate and care for intestine transplant candidates and intestinal rehabilitation patients. The transplant coordinator will be a part of a multidisciplinary practice including surgeons, dietitians, social workers and other clinical team members. The transplant coordinator is responsible for the following:
· Serves as a primary caregiver leading the collaboration of all disciplines for patient care pre and post transplant
· In collaboration with physicians, orders and coordinates lab tests, procedures, and medications
· Receives new referrals and discusses with referring provider before presenting to attending physicians
· Coordinates new referrals and care plans for our multidisciplinary liver thrombosis group
· Coordinates care plans independently and executes under the direction of attending physicians
· Applicants should be comfortable with autonomy in the clinical setting
· Coordinator will participate on inpatient rounds and help facilitate discharge planning
· Part of the 24/7 on call team for liver/intestine transplant for patient calls and organ offers
What you’ll Bring:
BSN - : 3+years of experience in an ICU setting
RN (BSN), PA or NP
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Who We Are:
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai Roosevelt, Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an
equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual
and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and
appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.