Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Administrative Director, Office of System CMO
The Mount Sinai Health System
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
The Mount Sinai Health System’s commitment to excellence extends beyond delivering world-class health care. The System’s ongoing success is dependent upon our highly motivated, nonclinical professionals working to improve business operations. Our leadership team is driven to provide exceptional service by cultivating a workforce that is dedicated to upholding Mount Sinai’s mission of delivering innovative, breakthrough medicine with compassion and integrity.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
The Administrative Director is responsible for oversight of the managerial and financial activities for the Mount Sinai Health System’s Office of the Chief Medical Officer (CMO). The Administrative Director will work closely with the CMO and internal team members to ensure the successful coordination and delivery of day-to-day operations, including budgetary and human resource management.
What You'll Do:
- Works in close partnership with the CMO and other clinical and administrative leaders, both inside and outside the Office, to administer and manage the functions, processes, and infrastructure necessary to achieve the goals set forth by the CMO.
- Oversees the daily operation of the Office by collaborating with the CMO, as well as the Office’s Vice Presidents and Senior Directors, on the administration of current and future programs, policies, and procedures.
- Interprets and administers personnel policies such as talent acquisition, performance appraisals, training, staff disciplinary activity and salary recommendations. Directs and coordinates the performance appraisal system for staff. Ensures compliance with federal, state and local regulations regarding equal pay and equal employment.
- Prepares operational and financial reports and analyses, setting forth progress and adverse trends. Provides appropriate recommendations or conclusions to advance the work of the Office.
- Ensures that the day-to-day financial operations of the Office, including payroll, month-end reporting and accounts payable activities, are handled appropriately. Approves all travel, check and purchase order requests.
- Establishes goals and objectives for the department; this may include defining the scope of specific projects and analyzing requirements to execute those projects successfully.
- Manages logistics related to office operations, including space and IT needs.
- Oversees Administrative Assistants and other staff as appropriate, ensuring that they are trained in all processes and procedures specific to the department.
- Performs other related duties.
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree preferred
- 5 years of experience in healthcare/hospital administration, healthcare finance or public health
- Experience in strategic planning, leading successful teams, building and developing financial plans, and managing human resources.
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Who We Are:
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.