Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
MEDICAL CLERICAL ASSOCIATE
Mount Sinai Health System Careers
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
At the Mount Sinai Health System, patient care takes many forms. Our support services team members are responsible for creating a safe and welcoming environment for our patients so they can focus on what truly matters - healing. Every day brings new challenges—and each day offers the opportunity to improve the lives of patients and families in every community we serve.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
What You’ll Do:
Under general supervision, and according to established policies and procedures, performs administrative tasks necessary to run an efficient office such as completing forms, making calls, and scheduling appointments (currently using the CERNER system). Works closely with referral coordinators and other members of office units.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greets patients as they arrive at the practice.
- Prints schedules at the beginning of sessions and posts for clinical staff.
- Checks in patients as they arrive at the practice - full registration. Includes: Verification of demographics; completion of financial screening; prioritizes insurance and verifies as appropriate with third-party providers; makes follow-up appointments; discusses Mount Sinai's self-pay policy for new patients; collects co-payments; completes "Medicare as Secondary Payor" questionnaire if appropriate; has patient read and sign "Registration Summary" as required by JCAHO.
- Checks and checks-out visits.
- Schedules referral appointments.
- Verifies patient's attendance and "no show" patients that have not arrived for their appointments.
- Schedules follow-up appointments when the patient is ready to leave.
- Prepares TOA's for physicians to fill out during patient visit (requesting additional Medicaid visit authorizations).
- Organizes and distributes faxes to physicians as needed. Assists Medical Assistants and physicians when necessary faxing requests.
- Faxes listings of patients seen in practice for prior day to Finance department.
- Scans documents as requested into EPIC for physicians to add as part of patient's permanent electronic record.
- Files scanned documents into patient paper charts.
- Handles all medical record requests on an as-needed basis. This requires retrieving charts from storage to pull records and sending back once completed.
- Sorts mail for physicians in practice and places in respective files.
- Pulls charts to put into storage upon deactivation of patient.
What You’ll Bring:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Certificate as Medical Office Assistant preferred.
- Prefer experience in a medical office or acute care setting.
- Bilingual - Spanish Required
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health
System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and
respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our
employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background,
or sexual orientation.
High School diploma or equivalent
Certificate as Medical Office Assistant preferred.
Prefer experience in a medical office or acute care setting.
Bilingual- Spanish Required