Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr. IT Director - Population Health & Analytics - Full Time
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Population Health & Analytics - Req #2170768
Sr. IT Director of Enterprise Data
Under the direction of the Vice President of IT, the Senior Director of Enterprise Data will be responsible for the direction and oversight of health data management, analytics, executive reporting and development of analytical application suite. The Senior Director will also be a thought leader, sought out by senior management for defining, developing, and delivering data driven, actionable and strategic recommendations.
Day to day responsibilities include:
- Establish, lead, and engage a team of technical and non-technical professionals who will define, implement and optimize solutions and services supporting enterprise data initiatives.
- Manage and oversee technical and project management teams in various activities including IT services implementation planning, risk mitigation strategies, business and technical requirements.
- Pursue and adopt innovative, industry leading analytics tools, capabilities and methodologies to advance health system’s analytics, data integration and data management.
- Apply quantitative analysis and data science fundamentals to develop strong analytical frameworks that drive the adoption of advance analytics within health system operations.
- Presume ownership of Mount Sinai’s data strategy within IT – influencing the design, development and implementation of strategic data projects.
- Participate in all phases of development life style, by applying payer and provider domain knowledge, to create effective healthcare analytics solutions.
- Manage and enhance current data infrastructure including data warehouse and big data platform.
- Provide leadership and technical expertise to the solution delivery team including design of RFI and RFP processes, business requirements, vendor capability assessments and implementation of complex IT portfolio.
- Build and manage high performance team to deliver complex IT solutions.
- Oversee the achievement IT milestones within enterprise data team
- Lead the development and maintenance of IT budget efforts annually
- Champion and inform Mount Sinai IT leadership on data strategy, data governance and modern data analytics capabilities.
Education: Must have Master’s degree in Computer Science, Analytics, Informatics or other related field.
- 10 years plus of experience in analytics/data warehouse/data management role at a healthcare provider or healthcare consulting.
- Experience leading medium-to-large data management operations including ETL and data operations.
- Strong understanding of the health care industry, preferably in IT, with analytical thinking skills and a strong and dedicated work ethic are required.
- Experience with healthcare data (e.g.: EHR/EMR, patient data, claims) with a general understanding of its sensitivity and protection.
- Detailed knowledge of healthcare data aggregation using data warehouse, clinical data repositories and claims databases.
- Exceptional knowledge of various data analysis methods and tools like SQL, R/SAS etc.
- Deep expertise of Tableau and/or similar data visualization platforms
- Deep understanding of Healthcare IT space – products, tools, vendors; and a general sense of trend in data management incl. cloud and big data.
- Detailed knowledge
of, CPT/HCPS/ICD9/ICD10 MS-DRG, APR-DRGs, HCC, quality ratings such as Star
Ratings, HEDIS and performance measurements like PQRS, eCQM
- Expertise in health care technology design and implementation, including requirements and solutions development, capabilities assessment and vendor procurement.
- Strong functional understanding of business operations of a large integrated health system.
- Proven skills in the areas of vendor relationship management, strategy development, project management and change management.
- Excellent at leading large teams of technical and non-technical individuals through complex, multi-dimensional, and cutting-edge IT projects.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with an ability to share and synthesize knowledge with all levels from front line staff to senior leadership.
- Self-motivated, dynamic, creative and able to work on own initiative.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a
part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.