Mount Sinai Careers
Assistant Director - Respiratory - Full Time - Days
The Mount Sinai Health System
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
The Mount Sinai Health System’s commitment to excellence extends beyond delivering world-class health care. The System’s ongoing success is dependent upon our highly motivated, nonclinical professionals working to improve business operations. Our leadership team is driven to provide exceptional service by cultivating a workforce that is dedicated to upholding Mount Sinai’s mission of delivering innovative, breakthrough medicine with compassion and integrity.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
What You’ll Do:
The Assistant Director assists the Director in managing the daily operations of the department operations of Respiratory Care Service. Participates in manager and staff supervision, retention, budgetary oversight, materials management, data management and performance improvement. The Assistant Director develops and implements departmental policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assists the Director in the day-to-day operations of the department. Provides professional and administrative guidance to managers and staff.
2. Evaluates operations and identifies possible improvements within the department. Consults, advises and informs Director concerning administrative issues, needs and problems.
3. Plans, organizes and implements services to meet departmental goals. Participates in developing and implementing department wide policies and procedures.
4. Interviews and recommends hiring of new staff. Assists in departmental orientation, mentoring, and training and probationary and annual evaluations of staff members. Recommends particular recognition, discipline, and, if necessary, discharge of assigned staff members.
5. Assists in the preparation and planning of budgets to control costs and allocates funds in accordance with departmental functions. Performs regular reconciliations, analysis and justification of cost variances
6. Recommends and implements cost effective measures in department operations.
7. Develops and maintains effective working relationships with various Hospital departments to facilitate departmental and institutional goals. Maintains communication between governing boards, medical staff, and department heads by meetings and coordinating interdepartmental functioning.
8. Establishes work schedules and assignments for staff, according to workload, space and equipment availability.
9. Develops and maintains computerized record management systems to store and process data such as personnel activities and information. Produces reports as requested or as necessary.
10. Maintains the competencies and skills of staff through proper training and development . Identifies ongoing educational needs and assists in staff development programs.
11. Maintains Performance Improvement initiatives and reports findings to Director
What you’ll Bring:
Registered as a Respiratory Therapist (RRT) by the National Board for Respiratory Care. Bachelor’s Degree in Health Care Administration, Public
Administration or related field; Master’s Degree preferred.
Minimum five years’ experience as a Respiratory Therapist. Minimum three years' management experience in an academic health care setting
Knowledge of regulatory and accreditation agencies (JCAHO, NYSDOH etc)
Excellent communication and organizational skills
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Who We Are:
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai Roosevelt, Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an
equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual
and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and
appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.