Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Technology Specialist III - Epic Inpatient
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The Mount Sinai Health System
Epic Inpatient - Req #2172290
Role & Responsibilities:
The Information Technology Specialist III identifies and initiates solutions to complex or systematic problems, analyzes business plans and strategy to define technology vision. This may involve leading or directing others in problem resolution involving interactions with multiple systems. Project Scope: Large complex projects or multiple projects of moderate complexity with project budgets up to $50M involving multiple sites or up to 20 interdependent work tracks.
1. Provides integrated systems planning and recommends alternative technologies
that will enhance current or anticipated information systems that support
overall business goals.
2. Leads the review and design concepts for new systems and develops and documents the technical design for the integration and implementation of software.
3. Directs the development of comprehensive and strategic business cases with cost/benefit dimensions of proposed projects that are used at management and executive levels for funding and scope decisions.
4. Directs/conducts the analysis of current business processes and functional requirements, preparing appropriate documentation to communicate and validate the information.
5. Directs the analysis of enterprise-wide or very complex client needs in project areas such as new business operating models, innovative approaches to IT solutions support, market research or available product functionality and operational readiness assessment.
6. Influences cross-functional and/or cross-divisional task forces to indentify and document functional requirements, workflow, information sources and system specifications.
7. Selects and customized the methodology for the analysis and definition of efficient, cost effective solutions that support client business processes, functional requirements and resource costs, including evaluation of existing applications and alternative uses of technology.
8. Advises clients on the consequences of actions; communicates risks and
ensures understanding of these risks. Jointly develops risk assessment of plan
with client, and provides ongoing communication.
9. Works with area managers to finalize solutions and oversees implementation of recommendations.
10. Performs related duties as assigned or requested.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline; Master’s degree preferred
1. Twelve years of related experience, In-depth knowledge of associated
technology areas that could impact area of responsibility; healthcare
technology experience preferred.
2. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to translate complex technical concepts into understandable terms, tailor communication to audience, mediate and facilitate communications between others, and communicate architecture to all levels of management and customers.
3. Ability to gain buy-in from stakeholders to resolve significant architecture issues.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a
part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.