Mount Sinai Careers
Clinical Manager - Patient Transfer Center - Full Time Evenings
Mount Sinai Health System Careers
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
Being a member of our nursing team at the Mount Sinai Health System is truly a badge of honor. Our nursing professionals provide leadership in a stimulating, supportive, and state-of-the-art environment where expertise is valued and collaboration is essential. As members of interdisciplinary care teams, nurses work alongside recognized leaders in all areas of clinical care—sharing outstanding resources, ideas, and technology to improve patients’ lives.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
What you will do:
The Clinical Manager is a Registered Professional
Nurse that plans, organizes and manages the Patient Transfer Center located in
our corporate offices near Grand Central Station. Ensures the department is
managed in accordance with hospital goals and policies. The department coordinates
and prioritizes emergent and non-emergent patient transfers from other
hospitals to the Mount Sinai Health System. This includes policy and program
development, program accreditation, financial issues, staff training,
hiring/interviewing new staff, and managing patient transfers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages and evaluates staff performance of the Patient Transfer Center.
- Consults and advises management on departmental problems affecting overall operations and appropriate corrective actions.
- Works with staff to establish departmental goals, objectives, and plans consistent with overall goals and uphold departmental policies and procedures.
- Develops guidelines for prioritizing work activities, evaluating effectiveness and modifying activities as necessary.
- Identifies, analyzes and resolves any daily department issues in a timely manner.
- Provides supervision or assistance of activities, including but not limited to, patient registration, bed placement requests, insurance authorizations, and arranging ambulance transportation.
- Communicates regularly with Bed Management and physicians to determine availability of appropriate bed.
- Perform follow up communication to insurance companies, physicians, case managers, social workers, nurses, staff, family members, and others regarding expediting of a patient transfer.
- Oversees planning, implementation, and development program/initiatives for the Inter-hospital transfer department to promote exceptional customer service.
- Assess, maintain, or implement customer service performance improvement initiatives to tailor specific needs of physicians and other department users.
- Interviews, hires, evaluate, counsels and when necessary dismisses staff within department.
- Responsible for scheduling of staff and develops team to ensure continual even functioning of departments during absences.
- Collects data, prepares reports, analyzes statistics and budget reports, and answers correspondence as needed.
- 24/7 rotating shared on-call administrative responsibilities.
- Performs other administrative duties as assigned by Department Senior Manager and Senior Director.
What you will bring:
Bachelor Degree in Nursing. Master's Degree preferred.
Five years of clinical exercise experience with at least one year of management and supervisory experience preferred.
Knowledge of organizational policies, procedures and systems.
Knowledge of medical office procedures.
Knowledge of fiscal management systems and techniques.
Knowledge of Human Resource management practices.
Skill in planning, organizing, delegating and supervising.
Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
Demonstrated interpersonal skills necessary to build staff, administrative, physician and community relationships.
Demonstrated excellent customer service skills.
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Who We Are:
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.