Mount Sinai Careers
PER DIEM CHILD BIRTH EDUCATOR
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provides a normalized, therapeutic and safe environment for individuals and groups in Pediatrics.
2. Develops plans of intervention by utilizing the program's resources.
3. Plans, coordinates and participates in patient and family teaching, in-service education for department staff, pediatric students and volunteers, community education programs and special events.
4. Coordinates special events such as holiday celebrations, parties and the participation of outside individuals in department programs.
5. Offers education and/or training to outside community groups.
6. Responsible for his/her continuing education to maintain professional development.