Mount Sinai Careers
Grants Writer - Adolescent Health - Full Time - Days
The Mount Sinai Health System
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
The Mount Sinai Health System’s commitment to excellence extends beyond delivering world-class health care. The System’s ongoing success is dependent upon our highly motivated, nonclinical professionals working to improve business operations. Our leadership team is driven to provide exceptional service by cultivating a workforce that is dedicated to upholding Mount Sinai’s mission of delivering innovative, breakthrough medicine with compassion and integrity.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
What You’ll Do:
Responsible for oversight of all components of the grants cycle, including pre-award budget development, post-award monitoring, program sub-contract management, and grant closeout procedures. Provides technical assistance and guidance in the preparation, submission, processing and management of research grants, contract proposals, awards and all agreements for Research teams within the department. Ensures that the administration of sponsored programs related to research is in compliance with federal, state and private agency rules and regulations, as well as those of Mount Sinai Medical Center.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Oversees the process, and provides assistance and guidance in the preparation of budgets, Grants & Contracts Office/Institutional Review Board paperwork, application forms, no-cost extensions and subcontracts. Responsible for supervision of G & C Specialist and Financial Analyst
2. Reviews grants and contracts proposals and expenditures prior to submissions for accuracy, completeness and compliance with all applicable policies, procedures and regulations.
3. Ensures that grants and contracts applications are directed and submitted to appropriate committees (i.e., IRB; Financial Conflict of Interest in Research Committee) for review.
4. Acts as liaison with department administrators, faculty and extramural funding agencies (federal, state, local and non-profit organizations) to endorse any edits to the proposals prior to institutional endorsement
5. Analyzes monthly grant activity, monitors grant spending reports and expenditures posted to assigned grant projects, and serves as liaison to Grants & Contracts Office, Sponsored Projects and other collaborating departments to ensure grants are being properly managed.
6. Reviews and provides supplemental and amended information to extramural sponsors on grant applications. Provides necessary data to Sponsored Projects for fund activation.
7. May implement, and supports special projects for the department or institute as needed.
8. May create and distribute funding opportunities packets, calendars and special alerts.
What you’ll Bring:
Bachelor’s degree required; MBA in related areas preferred
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Who We Are:
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai Roosevelt, Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an
equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual
and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and
appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.