Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Educational Specialist; Ambulatory/ Peds; Full Time Days
The Mount Sinai Health System
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
The Mount Sinai Health System’s commitment to excellence extends beyond delivering world-class health care. The System’s ongoing success is dependent upon our highly motivated, nonclinical professionals working to improve business operations. Our leadership team is driven to provide exceptional service by cultivating a workforce that is dedicated to upholding Mount Sinai’s mission of delivering innovative, breakthrough medicine with compassion and integrity.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
What You'll Do:
An advanced practice role, involving assessment, planning, coordination, implementation and evaluation of educational and clinical initiatives, with 24-hour accountability. Three distinct roles within the Division of Nursing Education: Centralized, Decentralized and Evening/Night.
Centralized: Provides coordination and teaching of centralized activities such as orientation and staff development programs for all nursing personnel.
Decentralized: Provides coordination and teaching of unit-based clinical initiatives, orientation, staff development, and competency assessment with participation in centralized educational programs.
Evening/Night: Provides unit-based clinical support, orientation, staff development and competency assessment for the evening/night staff, with participation in centralized educational programs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Develops, teaches, coordinates and evaluates educational programs with full accountability.
2. Collaborates with clinical nurse manager/clinical coordinator to assess educational needs of staff, plan and provide continuous competency assessment of staff.
3. Provides clinical, educational and administrative resource to all levels of nursing personnel, specifically for Critical Care. (5 years critical care experience
4. Develops and supports preceptors in their roles as appropriate.
5. Provides mentorship to students and staff.
6. Participates and promotes collegiality within the interdisciplinary health care system.
7. Communicates effectively with team members..
8. Assumes preceptor responsibilities for newly hired Nursing Education staff, and as needed to facilitate role transition of new clinical staff members.
9. Participates in the clinical practices and educational programs for health care professionals/students.
10. Utilizes standards, policies and procedures as appropriate resources.
11. Serves as program leader/facilitator for assigned educational resources.
12. Participates in hospital wide continuous quality performance improvement processes.
13. Maintains records of educational programs.
14. Identifies problems, issues, safety, and practice concerns in the clinical area and develops appropriate educational plan.
15. Acts as change agent for new initiatives and programs.
16. Supports the mission, vision, philosophy, and goals of the Department of Nursing and the hospital.
17. Maintains clinical expertise in area of specialization.
18. Participates in nursing research activities and utilizes same in clinical practice/educational initiatives.
19. Considers ethical issues of professional nursing practice and adheres to the code of ethics.
20. Demonstrates a humanistic, kind and caring attitude in the delivery of health care.
21. Chairs and/or participates in Department of Nursing and Medical Center committees.
22. Serves as a professional resource to other members of the interdisciplinary health care team.
23. Treats co-workers, patients and families with dignity and respect.
24. Is open and responsive to the diverse backgrounds and experience of other people, and promotes an environment that is sensitive to cultural diversity.
25. Attends and participates in conferences and seminars.
What You'll Bring:
Bachelors or Masters Degree in nursing required.
5 years of related clinical nursing experience - 1 year in a teaching or leadership position required. Must read, write, understand and speak English in a clear and concise manner.
Communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively with a wide variety of individuals. Professional Certification in area of clinical practice preferred.
2, ACLS certification preferred
3, CCRN certification preferred
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!