Mount Sinai Careers
Exchange Engineer III - IT Infrastructure - Full Time
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
IT Infrastructure - REQ #2190530
Exchange Engineer III
Role & Responsibilities:
The Exchange Engineer III provides supervision, engineering, operational support and problem resolution for systems or an environment required to support a large, complex institutional IT system, a segment of that system or a process. Assist Managers and Directors in completing projects and maintaining environments. Duties and responsibilities include:
1. Provide engineering
and administrative support for the assigned areas (e.g. Active Directory,
Exchange Messaging Servers, AirWatch MDM, Windows Servers OS, Server
Hardware, System Center, Skype for Business, RightFax, Enterprise
Vault, Microsoft Office 365, Azure, etc.).
2. Engineers and provides level 3 support for Exchange 2016 Infrastructure
3. Engineers and provides level 3 support for Active Directory, ADFS, GPO and SSO Infrastructure.
4. Tests new software versions and participates in the definition of standard
installation and upgrade methodologies. May create flowcharts, diagrams and other documentation.
5. May design, code and
implement software modifications to meet product/platform configuration and
connectivity needs, and specialized application requirements.
6. Performs daily functions that include user support, Active Directory migration and upgrade co-ordination, and administrative audits to ensure accuracy of the complex institutional IT system, a segment of that system or a process, including mobile devices if applicable.
7. Maintains software versions management controls.
8. Understand Packaging concepts and methodologies and may assist with packaging application for servers and client devices.
9. Resolves problems and may implement, configure and fine-tune a system/process to monitor system health.
10. Works closely with clients, vendors and project teams to determine support requirements and provides a resolution within defined standards.
11. May act as a project
12. Design and develop automation and scripts.
13. Tests new software versions and participates in upgrades and migrations.
14. Implements prototype systems to test new software products and solutions.
15. May assist with cross-divisional business requirements and troubleshooting.
16. Provides investigation services to assist with legal requirements.
17. Aids in executing testing with both IT project teams and divisional clients.
18. May act as a Project Lead.
19. May provide assistance and training to other engineers
20. Maintains and augments manuals
1. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline preferred.
2. An equivalent
combination of education and/or experience may substitute.
1. 7+ years of experience in engineering and support of an enterprise-wide Active Directory and Exchange systems.
2. Must have technical experience in networking and relational database software products and demonstrate seasoned IT skills and competency in most aspects of software activities and/or data communication.
3. Must have excellent
trouble-shooting, documentation and communication skills.
Minimum Computer Skills
1. Experience in engineering/support of Active Directory, Exchange, and Windows client/server operating systems
2. Experience with scripting in power shell, VB, ADSI, etc
3. Must have excellent trouble-shooting and documentation skills
4. Must have a strong understanding of cloud computing technologies, emerging trends and related technology.
1. Very good communication skills, judgment and analytical/problem solving skills, and the ability to work effectively with client and IT management, staff and vendors.
2. Must have excellent documentation skills
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are:
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.