Mount Sinai Careers
Technology Specialist I - Epic
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Epic - REQ #2193660
Technology Specialist I
Role and Responsibilities:
The Application Solutions Architect is accountable for the direction, standards, performance, and ongoing health of the Application Architecture of a given domain and ensuring that it complies with Application Center of Excellence (ACoE) and Enterprise Architecture (EA) guidelines and standards.
This individual researches, understands and articulates the application ecosystem including technology, industry, partner, and business unit considerations and capability requirements utilizing a thorough understanding of available technology, tools and best practices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Architecture Planning
- Support Portfolio Management by providing architectural and strategic consulting in the areas of application strategy, application architecture principles, and application management best practices
- Accountable for the translation of business priorities and strategies into target application architecture and application roadmap
- Maintain a thorough understanding of technology trends, philosophies, and best practices
- Maintain an up to date and highly relevant understanding of emerging capability requirements to support the business in its strategic and operational objectives
- Identify opportunities for innovation
- Accountable for the creation of an Target Application Architecture
- Develop and maintain the Application Architecture Roadmap
- Provide Application Architecture consulting and advisory support to outside vendors, internal operations, and project delivery teams as needed
- Develop solution architectures for projects that build off of Application
- Architecture assets that will be used to inform detailed design and
- Provide solutions architecture evaluations as needed
- Responsible for integration strategy for the application portfolio
Architecture Asset Management
- Contribute to the creation of Enterprise Architecture assets and guiding principles
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of Application Architecture standards, principles, and guidelines
- Accountable for maintaining and measuring the as-is Application Architecture
- Manage the Application Technology Lifecycle with processes and standards
- Define and maintain Reference Application Architectures
- Develop and maintain common application architectural components
- Collaborate with the other architects and the EA team to ensure the alignment of the Enterprise Application Architecture
- Serve as point of escalation for review and approval of key issues and decisions for Application Architecture
- Represent Application Architecture in the Architecture Review Board and other architectural functions and processes
- Establish and measure KPIs to ensure effectiveness and value addition of application architecture to business.
Architecture Communication & Awareness
- Contribute to and maintain Application Architecture assets on the EA Portal/SharePoint/Tool
- Lead the Application Architecture Community of Practice to share best practices and assets
- Educate the team on emerging technologies, trends, and innovation opportunities
- Socialize and Evangelize EA community
- 12 -15 years minimum of related work experience in IT Health solutions
- Well-versed in Enterprise Architecture concepts, tools and processes and the creation of BRD, FRD, Use Case diagrams, roadmaps, and other related systems diagrams and documentation
- In depth knowledge of legacy and emerging IT Health solutions design philosophy
- In-depth knowledge of IT Health systems especially EMRs and ancillary
- Familiarity with IT Health solution regulations including HIPAA and FDA ITIL Framework competency and service excellence mindset required.
- Requires excellent communication skills, analytical ability, strong judgment and management skills, and the ability to work effectively with both healthcare and IT management and staff.
- Experience in an Epic environment preferred
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Who We Are:
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai Roosevelt, Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.
1. 12 to 15 years minimum of related work experience in IT Health solutions
2. Well versed in Enterprise Architecture concepts, tools and processes and the creation of BRD, FRD, Use Case diagrams, roadmaps, and other related systems diagrams and documentation
3. In depth knowledge of legacy and emerging IT Health solutions design philosophy
4. In depth knowledge of IT Health systems especially EMRs and ancillary systems
5. Familiarity with IT Health solution regulations including HIPAA and FDA
6. ITIL Framework competency and service excellence mindset required.
7. Requires excellent communication skills, analytical ability, strong judgment and management skills, and the ability to work effectively with both healthcare and IT management and staff.
8. Experience in an Epic environment preferred
1. MS Office Suite
· 2. TOGAF concepts and the creation of BRD, FRD, Use Case diagrams, metadata tracking documents, and other related systems diagrams and documentation.
General Skills and Competencies
1. Requires excellent communication skills, analytical ability, strong judgment and management skills, and the ability to work effectively with both healthcare and IT management and staff.
2. Must be a team player with strong interpersonal skills and a self-starter with solid time management skills and the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.