Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Director of Content Marketing
Successful candidate must be a skilled content marketer who understands creating content to build business and reputation. They must be skilled editorially in copywriting, copy editing, and search engine optimization (SEO) – and have significant project management experience involving a large level of assets and high-level stakeholders. They must have the ability to motivate and lead various team members to provide and suggest content that can be tailored to a particular campaign. They must be skilled in creating and managing an editorial calendar.
This individual must also have a passion for storytelling, a talent for clear, compelling communication and vision for new ways to grow our business. We are seeking a versatile leader – creative, committed, and analytical with enthusiasm and drive to produce demonstrable impact on awareness, patient experience and revenue. This is a highly strategic role with the opportunity to transform how people view Mount Sinai.
• Work closely with Creative to develop the highest quality assets that will enhance our marketing efforts.
• On a daily, weekly and monthly basis, you will manage our content flow and deadlines to ensure that Mount Sinai’s brand and voice is represented.
• Have a deep tactical understanding of SEO and how content must be planned, created and executed to meet Mount Sinai’s marketing and communications goals.
• Superb copy editor that is knowledgeable about health care and science; you are able to edit copy so that it sets us apart from other medical institutions across the country; you can write in a consumer voice, as well as a more elevated form tailored to physicians and other thought leaders.
• Create campaigns that use our content including blogs and videos to distinguish us from the competition.
• Create the right set of metrics to assess and test content performance.
• Innovate and experiment with new forms of story-telling, production and distribution.
• Be a model of outstanding and persuasive communication and writing skills.
• Excel at helping others grow in their role and collaborate across the organization
• 7+ years in marketing organization/s
• Analytically savvy
• 10+ years in editorial and content creation
• 5+ years in leadership and people management roles
• A creative and strategic leader with the ability to work across teams and departments
• Experience conceiving and building thought leadership platforms
• Excellent communication and writing skills
• You are analytical. You value data insights just as strongly as journalistic standards; you understand how to leverage data and engagement tools to evaluate audience growth, as well as content performance.
• Entrepreneurial in spirit and an exceptional problem solver; you’re thoughtful, but with a bias towards action.